Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

to shave or not!

• 01-06-2007 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8 confused26

So, I'm mid twenties male, with a gf, thinking of shaving all my pubes off for the summer. Going completely bald, or almost at least.
    What do people think? Girls, would it freak you out completely?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

confused26 wrote:
    So, I'm mid twenties male, with a gf, thinking of shaving all my pubes off for the summer. Going completely bald, or almost at least.

I'd never shave my balls. Putting a mach 3 anywhere near down there is a big no no for me. Plus I reckon it would look quite stupid like those hairless cats. Maybe you should try trimming the thing back at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Ask your girl BEFORE shaving. She might not want to visit down there anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

confused26 wrote:
    So you want to impress the chicks huh. Well heres osme advice for you hotshot. Try making a decision by yourself ya big ninny.

Jesus, mid twenties and you're asking Pighead if you should shear your pubes or not. Listen pal, chicks like their men to be strong and decisive. You're coming across as weak and needy. And worst of all, like you've got no balls.

Pigheads advice would be to shave your pubes. If nothing else at least it'll make you look like you've got a bigger pair of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Well, i wouldn't, mostly cause it would itch like crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

be very careful...i know a guy who shaves there....he says the shaving cuts bleed a lot!
    will you be shaving the crack too? sounds pretty hard and if you dont then there will be crack hair peeking around your hairless scrote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

uglyjohn wrote:
    be very careful...i know a guy who shaves there....he says the shaving cuts bleed a lot!
    will you be shaving the crack too? sounds pretty hard and if you dont then there will be crack hair peeking around your hairless scrote.
    John may be an ugly cnut, but he's a damn clever ugly cnut. Wise words John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Use a head shaver and just give it a trim, shaving gets you red and itchy!! not good!! just stick on a bare blade and dont actually put the blade on the skin just glide it through, makes your knob look bigger too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As far as I know the ladies quite like it bald down there as it doesn't tickle them. My own lady asked me to give it a go and she loved it being bald. If she has asked you, why not give it a go, it's pretty easy to shave around.

confused26 wrote:

No. Trim. All guys should trim. shaved would be too odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Shave or trim. Once it's not long enough to plait and easy to find, we're happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

i trim, fairly short though. used mach 3 once, never again, way too difficult. just looks better than a big bush of hair, and partner prefers it that way too

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

Im a girl and Im about to be very crude:When my guy shaves his balls, it makes it a lot easier to suck them, therefore I do it a lot more. I shave my pubes cos I get itchy when I dont. So for some people It gets a lot itchier, but for some a lot less. It's always worth trying though, you (and her) might like it a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Moved from After Hours. I would have moved this to S&S but not one person who has posted in the thread would be able to read it, including the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I agree with the others trim it back but don't shave it all off. My bloke trims his and I prefer it like that, I think it'd be weird with no hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

If you were going to do anything, get it waxed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

confused26 wrote:

my by does that all the time, I love it. So much easier without flossing your teeth :p plus it makes "things" look bigger!

Go for it, just be careful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

just give it a wee trim
    dont put a blade anywhere near the twins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For the love of God - don't shave down there!
    Waxing is the only way to go. :eek:
    Before & after pics would be a good idea. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Depends on how often you cut your face when shaving that OP. If you can't do that without cutting yourself then leave your balls alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

trim, or head shaver tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Be a real man; get yourself a proper cut-throat razor, bar of soap
    and a shaving-brush. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Be a real man; go get the garden shears (preferably rusty).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

DONT SHAVE IT ALL OFF!
    it just looks wrong, seriously wrong. shave or give your balls/ crack a good trim, and give the area above your manhood a bit of a trim, but dont shave it all, trust me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I found it to be extremely itchy and sweaty... thus I've never done it again since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Don't shave it all off, unless you are hairless all over. Otherwise it will just look plain odd having a white patch of skin amongst the rest of the body hair. Trim the top and sides with a blade 2 and just shave the shaft and sack. Keeps everything nice and neat without looking odd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Use a head shaver and just give it a trim, shaving gets you red and itchy!! not good!! just stick on a bare blade and dont actually put the blade on the skin just glide it through, makes your knob look bigger too!!

This is the way to go. Trim with the bare blade of an electric razor but DONT put it to your skin. Keeps you neat and tidy down there but it doesn't look ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

I think a trim is your best option.
    What made you think of doing it?
    Would any of the male posters be offended if their partners
    suggested it to them.
    How could I go about suggesting it.
    I keep myself nice and tidy never thought to ask himself to do the same.

G&T wrote:
    suggested it to them.
    Say you'd prefer if they trimmed, no need to be all delicate about it
    it's courtesy, particularly if theyre fairly messy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

personally i prefer shaved guys but i'd ask her before hand in case she doesn't:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Jonesy3110 wrote:
    Im a girl and Im about to be very crude:When my guy shaves his balls, it makes it a lot easier to suck them, therefore I do it a lot more. I shave my pubes cos I get itchy when I dont. So for some people It gets a lot itchier, but for some a lot less. It's always worth trying though, you (and her) might like it a lot better.

*FAP FAP*.. oh you dirty dirty girl! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Oh please DON'T! Not attractive (not that the penis is attractive anyway, but this makes it uglier)... Trim the hairs if they're wild and bushy.. nothing worse than having a pube caught in your mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

I'm in favour of the trimmed rather than the shaved look. The bald look is not an attractive on on guys down there imo - especially when it starts growing back and gets spotty and itchy. Don't do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

G&T wrote:
    suggested it to them.

Tell him you'd really like it in your huskiest voice, and allude to possible rewards of an intimate nature. He'll be back with it done by the time the ad break is over. No need for delicacy. He's a guy, isn't he? Wouldn't pick up on a delicate suggestion if it jumped up and sheared his pubes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nytfevr

Check this out - absolute classic!!!
    http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

Definitely shave it's the greatest topic ever among birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

How the hell is a fella meant to bring up a conversation about shaving with a group of girls? not exactly a common conversation to have is it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

dont shave it! being bald will make it look bigger but if you nick yourself it aint gonna look pretty. If you must go bald, get it waxed

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Have been toying with the idea of getting the netherregions waxed but never went through. Would wax 'salons' do it or would it have to be a diy jobbie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

Was with a guy once that shaved everything down there. It was just growing back and a bit stubbly - the biggest turn off in my life. Just stopped right there, put on the clothes and left.

Trimming is okay. If you want to go bare, waxing is the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Shockin Stockin

Personally I prefer shaved, but closely trimmed is a good second. A bit of consideration goes a long way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I have some extensive experience on this..

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT WET SHAVE DOWN THERE!!! You will get ingrown hairs and the entire area will look freakish for a number of weeks (in my experience anyway).. The best i have found is to use a shaver (20E euro in argos), put on a one blade or even 0 blade to do the triangle... And then do the hover technique over the boys.. stretch out the skin and just hover the blade a cm over it..

Shaving you piabs (and ass!) is a good thing, and it may lead to the full body shave which is an amazing experience.. I shave my entire body every week and it feels great not to be hairy.. I do leave some hair on my legs and forearms so as to not look odd..

Has anyone actually got their boys waxed, i have had my back waxed and i cant imagine a ball waxing being a tolerable experience??

I not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that :D ) but a shorn c&b looks wayyyy better than thicket..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ultra noir

my boyfreind ahs been shaving his for years! you'd have 2 do it every other day other wise it gets really itchy..

From a girls point of view its the best thing to go down on.. a hair free cock n balls that you can really get to work on & enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

*Takes notes*

Yeah the wet shave thing is a big mistake (Ive learned my lesson)

So... Waxing you say?
    What brand of wax is suitable and whats the procedure exactly?
    How do I walk into boots on saturday and purchase wax without losing masculinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

No way shaved...jst no...trim defo shave god no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

How about Immac? i'm curious about the use of this around the nether region! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Don't!

Ther are no immac creams designed to be used around that area, I've found that some of those creams sting my legs like crazy if it's on some of the ore delicated skin, now imagine how bad it would be round your naughty bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

After reading this page I'm damn tempted to shave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 theganster

Stop being a big pusy and shave it all off - it does grow back you know! I've been shaving for years - felt a little stange the first time but after that, you'll never let it gro back again. Feels fantastic when I wear certain boxers. Pubes are horrible - end of story. And the bull**** of beeing scared cause of cuts etc? I've never once cut myself. The skin down there is pretty tough. Most of the time I don't even use shaving cream or anything, just give em the once over in the shower every few days. I probably shave my balls more than I do my face!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement