Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Dwarf declining in standard?

• 01-06-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has White Dwarf been declining over the last year or 2 ....i Started collecting White Dwarf in 1997 and back then it was awesome....its not a shade on its former self now...anyone agree???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Funny..........I stopped collecting in about 1986 when it became a catalogue, effectively, for GW products. If it has gone down hill since I shudder to think to what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think around issue 100 was when I lost interest in it.

I liked it when it was a more general role playing magazine. I never much cared for all that Warhammer stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I stopped reading it years ago. As Nipplenuts said, it became a huge advertising pamphlet and nothing more. Also, I was a huge fan of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and was never into the models and wargames so I lost all interest when they began to focus more and more on those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I guess its gone completely to sh*t then compared to what ye're used to....I never read any of the 80's editions because well....i was born in 1986!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

I rarely buy White Dwarf, my main interest in Games Workshop products is in the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battlegame, which I don't think gets enough coverage in White Dwarf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

irishthump wrote:
    I rarely buy White Dwarf, my main interest in Games Workshop products is in the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battlegame, which I don't think gets enough coverage in White Dwarf.

It should probably have its own magazine in my opinion....i never liked the way the LOTR section was upside down to the rest of the magazine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

I used to work in an industry that was constantly upgrading tools and designs and such, and not once was I asked to pay a monthly subscription to look at a catalogue of stuff I was going to have to buy most of in order to stay competetive anyway.

Bastards.

Advertisement