Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 1-2/06/07

• 01-06-2007 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

June 1
    Cork City 7:45 Derry City Turner's Cross
    Drogheda United 7:45 Longford Town United Park
    St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Galway United Richmond Park
    Waterford United 7:45 UCD RSC
    Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Bray Wanderers Tolka Park
    June 2
    Sligo Rovers 7:45 Bohemians :cool: The Showgrounds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

not entirely confident about tonight's game to be honest. if you offered me a deflected goal in second half injury time off denis behan's arse to win one nil i'd snap your hand off. i dont care how we play tonight as long as we get all three points/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yiz'll beat Derry no problem, they're on a slippery slope back to mid-table mediocrity. They missed the bus when they appointed Fenlon.

I'll just add this here so

First Division

1 Jun 2007

Kildare County -v- Cobh Ramblers Buckley Park
    Finn Harps -v- Limerick 37 Finn Park

2 Jun 2007

Athlone Town -v- Shelbourne Lissywoollen
    Kildare County -v- Wexford Youths Station Road

Looking forward to tomorrow's trip to Athlone.

Who's the Athlone fan on here, the Mad As Cootes fella?

Fancy a beer tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

June 1
    Cork City 7:45 Derry City - Home
    Drogheda United 7:45 Longford Town - Home
    St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Galway United - Home
    Waterford United 7:45 UCD - Draw
    Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Bray Wanderers - Home

June 2
    Sligo Rovers 7:45 Bohemians - Away

First Division

1 Jun 2007

Kildare County -v- Cobh Ramblers - Away
    Finn Harps -v- Limerick 37 - Home

2 Jun 2007

Athlone Town -v- Shelbourne - Draw
    Kildare County -v- Wexford Youths - Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pats lose at home. Two losses in a row.

That bubble is well and truly burst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

drogs only draw with longford fcukin **** if ya want to win thw league you have to beat teams like longford at home.

damian lynch is terrible and paul keegan is terrible any time either one got the ball it ended up in the longfords keepers hands they just hoofed it up every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

annoyed we couldnt get all three points last night. that being said, i thought we played some wonderful football, first half especially, and it was a 100% improvement from tuesday's game in tolka..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.stpatsfc.com/watch_video.php?id=65

Highlights never lie, thank **** it was only 2, slaughtered at home. thank god its break time and we have full squad to choose from next league game.

Drogs drawing to longford :eek: La Eircom Liga....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Ouch 3-0, time to take a well deserved break for Limerick boys!

KdjaCL wrote:
    http://www.stpatsfc.com/watch_video.php?id=65

Highlights never lie, thank **** it was only 2, slaughtered at home. thank god its break time and we have full squad to choose from next league game.

Drogs drawing to longford :eek: La Eircom Liga....

kdjac

Good goals from Galway and they looked to have most of the chances too.

Sligo 1 up

concrete sex!!

terrible times atm for us our bubble well and truly gone :)

kdjac

• Advertisement

2-1 sligo :eek:

Guillem be on tv later asking if anyone actually wants to win it, only Rovers won this week but sadly wont be able to compete with the others additions in the next few weeks.

Cork Healy Farrelly + few quid from gamble and roy sales.
    Bohs have to get rid but will sign someone prolly a left winger.
    Pats jaysus everyone we signing everyone!!!!! most likly jason Byrne, Barry Quinn and Owen Morrison.
    Derry a keeper and a manager.
    Drogs Robbie corner flag loving doyle 7 strikers might be enough.
    Rovers????? No money to spend but Scully gets the best out of players and i reckon they be short with 1 injury.

At this stage still think its Drogs title to lose and the longer we stay on top the less we will fall, top 4 and SSC has and will do me for this season. But hey Top of the league at the break and top scorers MUHAHAHHAHA tekkit !!11!!!!!

kdjac

Yet more ineptitude from officialdom last night in Athlone.

Penalty for Athlone, that was borderline to say the least. Levine barges through after our keeper fails to collect a cross, then drops like a sack of spuds and the ref gives a penalty :confused: I thought if the keeper drops a catch when surrounded by opposition players it's usually a free out?

Then the ref loses control completely.

An off the ball incident involving Levine was brought to the attention of the ref by the linesperson, and Levine goes, straight red. Right after it the Athlone player with the lovely highlights in his hair, McTiernan, goes down off the ball. He was never touched and it was a complete attempt to get our player sent off. Ref gives a fúcking drop ball? McTiernan should have been booked tbh. If I say any more about this 'player' I'll be banned.

Then with five minutes to go Glenn Lacey, having been booked for charging the Athlone 'keeper, then tries to kill one of the Athlone players with a nice two footed tackle that threw the Athlone player up in the air. Another straight red.

Then the farce of the night. Alan Murphy, our captain for the night, was giving the ref verbals after our sending off, ref told him to shut it, and off he ran, back to the middle of the pitch. Meanwhile the ref is still trying to calm things down at the incident of the ref card, and starts running backwards, bumps into Murphy, then red cards him, because the ref wasn't looking where he was going.:eek: Never seen anything like it.

Fair play to Athlone on the win, we never looked like scoring, but this is the second time in a poxy week that we've been ridden rock solid by the Anti-Dublin bias in the First Division. I'm serious.

By the way - did anyone else get that 'FAI Fan Survey' at any other games this weekend?

Noel Mooney went handing them around the ground in Athlone, just before it all kicked off with our red cards. I 'lost' mine on the pitch, but I wanted to fill it in.

Yes, Mooney was handing them out at the Rovers Cork game on Tuesday. Filled it out and gave it to a guy after the match. Looked like he had good few filled in collected.

Said that "fans displays" should be allowed if organised properly and that toilet facilities need to improve 500%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I had to laugh at that, because I would have cried otherwise! :( Couldn't believe the Murphy sending off, was one of the most shocking things I've ever seen from an official! It was like driving with your eyes closed and blaming the driver you crashed into! Shocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I filled out one of the surveys last week, wonder what good it will do though. I mean, if they need the fans to tell them where they're going wrong...

Advertisement