Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Esker Hills

• 01-06-2007 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

Whats it like?

One person in here who is a golf says not great.

while a person who is a social player says its great.

Inter Scratch coming up is it worth playing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peadair 11

Living in the midlands as a social golfer, I have played this course several times. Challenging course,, greens and fairways are always in great nic (wInter/Summer). designed by Christy O connor Jnr I think. Green fees very reasonable and a buggy is necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

It's a few years when I played it, but I remember it being b@stard hard.But it was in great nick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭delboy159

Played it last saturday with a mate.

Great spot - full stop. Well looked after, great variety and challenging holes and can really mess with your head

It is very tough in spots, which is a probably the reason for some people being critical of the place.

As we walked off the course battered physically and emotionally we asked - will we go back again (I only scored 20 points - and a I whipped my friends ass)???? A few days later we were both saying that we couldn't wait to get back and try to do better....

Tactical decision number 1 - rent a bloody buggy next time....

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

I played Esker hills a couple of months ago in cold and windy conditions - very tough! Course was in excellent condition - greens were brilliant for the time of year.
    Made a good decision to hire a buggy - there are some serious elevation changes along the way.

As already said there's a great variety of holes. The 10th is a driveable par 4 ( with water in front ) . its worth having a go !

I'd highly recommend playing it if you have the chance .... let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

They've some seriously difficult pin pos's there, esp if the greens are slick and in the summer they usually are. Great track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭KOJAK_1

Excellent course. Inter Scratch cup can be very slow there. Played it last year and it was a five and half hour round - but still going to play in it again on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭KOJAK_1

Played it on Sunday and after a bad start of bogey, doublebogey on the next 2, fought back to a respectable score of one over handicap after 9. It was very warm and tired badly on the bcak nine but was happy to par the last. Course was in excellent condition but the pins were very tricky when you inevitably got the wrong side of the flag. Got around in reasonable time of under 5 hours after a very slow first 4 holes.

Very enjoyable course and deifintely worth while playing.

Did anyone else on the board play it?

Advertisement