Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple window handle replacement

Options
  • 01-06-2007 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi

I have a broken window handle for a pvc window.
    It is riveted in place.
    Any idea how to remove the rivets and attach a new handle (cockspur handle)? Should I put the new handle to the side of the old holes and drill / screw afix?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Drill the rivets with a large steel bit. You just need to remove the top few mm to loosen it. Push the remainder into the frame!
    You could either re-rivet the handle or use the existing holes to take larger screws... what ever you feel comfortable with, but riveting may be best in terms of security and stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Howitzer wrote:
    Hi

I have a broken window handle for a pvc window.
    It is riveted in place.
    Any idea how to remove the rivets and attach a new handle (cockspur handle)? Should I put the new handle to the side of the old holes and drill / screw afix?

Cheers
    And loosening the rubber seal and inserting the tip of builder's trowel stops you drilling where you shouldn't.
    t

Advertisement