Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What file sharing software can i use with clearwire?

Options
  • 01-06-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, i have clearwire and i cant use morpheus or limewire with it. Is there any file sharing software i can use with clearwire?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NONE !!! , its the American way you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Sponge Bob wrote:

B*stards....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Was with them from months and they are the worst provider.
    I currently have BT where I rent and Digiweb at home and they are far far better with no blocked ports and provide broadband speeds.

Clearwire block P2P traffic to keep there bandwidth levels low.
    They are scum to the 10th degree and I still cant believe they are still up and running

How about digiweb do they block ports aswell? I've moved house and my contract with CW is up...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It does not matter about moving house even if your contract is up .....they will still send debt collectors after you.

digiweb do not block anything , some mobile operators do on their 3g packages though

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    It does not matter about moving house even if your contract is up .....they will still send debt collectors after you.

digiweb do not block anything , some mobile operators do on their 3g packages though

I'm paid up to date so i can cancel it, grand digiweb it is. I worked for vodafone and used the usb and hsdpa datacard and got great speeds on it and downloaded about 5GB a day for 2 months then i left and only had clearwire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I posted an exact quote from a Clearwire support rep in a thread a little while ago. He stated that Clearwire do not block any ports or any type of traffic, but continuous use of the network was against their Terms of Service.

I posted an exact quote from a Clearwire support rep in a thread a little while ago. He stated that Clearwire do not block any ports or any type of traffic, but continuous use of the network was against their Terms of Service.

But as data is sent it packets there is space between those packets... therefore its not continuous! cheeky beggars

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sponge Bob wrote:

I'm sure its secretly MPAA funded*

*Joke :)

I'm curious would encrypted bittorrent traffic using non-default ports work on Clearwire, anyone tried it?

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm curious would encrypted bittorrent traffic using non-default ports work on Clearwire, anyone tried it?

Be warned the mods might like this type of conversation.

I use digiweb 3gig Metro and it s excellent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I'm paid up to date so i can cancel it, grand digiweb it is. I worked for vodafone and used the usb and hsdpa datacard and got great speeds on it and downloaded about 5GB a day for 2 months then i left and only had clearwire!!

In view of their admitted mindboggling incompetence in sending the names of paid up customers to debt collectors anyone leaving Clearwire would be well advised to get it in writing from them that they are fully paid up and that the terms of the contract have been honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I use digiweb 3gig Metro and it s excellent
    bittorrent is legal software.

its used by a lot of linux distros to distribute their software.
    and many other companies.

It just also happens that other things get downloaded in the bittorrent format :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ah, I am one of "The Mods" :D
    Bittorrent isn't illegal, what you download with it can be though, the same as http traffic at the end of the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm sure its secretly MPAA funded*

*Joke :)

"Decent" traffic shaping software doesn't care which ports are used, nor if the traffic is encrypted.

Unless the "encryption" is the hidden message in plain text. Like the secret message that is every Nth character in an inoculous message or image file, where N need not be a constant. Such secret messages have been used for about 5,000 to 7,000 years (They still occasionally find them in ancient texts!)

I do Know that bittorrent is not illegal but last time some one brought up methods of how to by pass clear****es blockage of it the mods were nt happy.

Second that comment of written prove of the disconnection they re trying to stick me with a bill now after a year

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

have a look into rapidshare and what that means. Can't say much more really if i want to stay on this fourm. its all port 80 traffic and leaves p2p and torrents in its dust but as i said have a good look into what rapidshare means as a whole

ps if you do start using i would advise opera as your browser of choise and forget DLAs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

have a look into rapidshare and what that means. Can't say much more really if i want to stay on this fourm. its all port 80 traffic and leaves p2p and torrents in its dust but as i said have a good look into what rapidshare means as a whole

ps if you do start using i would advise opera as your browser of choise and forget DLAs
    rapidshare is crap unless you pay for it.

plus your limited to 1 download per hour and so many gb's per day for free use.

Download speeds can be goo though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭martin84

rapid share is decent enough. to get rid of the 1 download per hour, log into router and reset it to get a different ip each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

watty wrote:
    "Decent" traffic shaping software doesn't care which ports are used, nor if the traffic is encrypted.

Unless the "encryption" is the hidden message in plain text. Like the secret message that is every Nth character in an inoculous message or image file, where N need not be a constant. Such secret messages have been used for about 5,000 to 7,000 years (They still occasionally find them in ancient texts!)

Waves @ watty

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

/me waves back :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement