Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7.5% off everything @ Memory-C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Looks good, but I checked the price of 2GB micro SD card, and best (with code, incl. shipping) price on that site is ~€30. 7dayshop (incl p+p) comes in at €25.60.

Haven't used memory-configurator.com before.

Are they good value for other types of memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Doodlebug wrote:
    Looks good, but I checked the price of 2GB micro SD card, and best (with code, incl. shipping) price on that site is ~€30. 7dayshop (incl p+p) comes in at €25.60.

Haven't used memory-configurator.com before.

Are they good value for other types of memory?
    Was the price comparison done like for like or just the cheapest on both sites?

I've always found them good value over all, fast delivery and great customer service. They're based in Kildare so it's easy to give them a ring if you have a problem or make a mistake on an order. To me that's better than saving a few euro at 7dayshop.
    They're the same outfit as www.shop4memory.com.

If you use their memory configurator to find what you're looking for, they guarantee compatability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

MemoryC is interesting, huge range of memory and search/sort are good (i.e ranks price low to high automatically) Although I get the feeling the site is aimed at the custom PC builder rather than those looking for bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Was the price comparison done like for like or just the cheapest on both sites?

I've always found them good value over all, fast delivery and great customer service. They're based in Kildare so it's easy to give them a ring if you have a problem or make a mistake on an order.

Comparison was SanDisk 2GB micro SD both sites. (This at 7dayshop.com and This at memory-c)

Didn't realise they were irish-based though! Thats definitely a plus!

I will be checking them out for comparison when needed in future!

Good to know! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

www.MemoryC.ie is the same thing - for those who prefer buying from a .ie domain ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I was looking at a few items on Monday. All of the items have been increased in price since then. Even with 7.5% off, it was cheaper earlier in the week. Go figure :rolleyes:

In saying that, never had any trouble with this crowd.

I was looking at a few items on Monday. All of the items have been increased in price since then. Even with 7.5% off, it was cheaper earlier in the week. Go figure :rolleyes:

In saying that, never had any trouble with this crowd.

This must be a complete coincidence as this is not the way we operate! The 7.5% discount is completely genuine and is not offered on the back of price increases across the board.

Prices are adjusted every day (some increase and most decrease) so perhaps you were just unlucky that the items you looked at has increased.

If you wanna PM me with the products you looked at I will happily look into it - or even post the details here.

-jayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thanks for that jayo!
    Will PM you the details shortly. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have to day I've bought from thes guys a few times and found the service to be excellent.
    Prices are good and speedy delivery

Irish too :D

Mik

If MemoryC are the same outfit as Shop4Memory I won't be buying from them, unless thet've an exceptional offer. The first time I bought from Shop4Memory I was disappointed. I received a stick of memory that was put into an unsealed anti-static bag and put into a padded envelope. It looked as if it had been just picked up from a pile and stuffed in an envelope. It was disappointing compared to the product packaging and service I get from Crucial.

I accept the point that they are Irish based, and may sometimes be cheaper (though not usually.) But for me that's not enough to win my custom. I didn't buy from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Darthrodney

I use them a lot ... i would recommend them, never any problems with their items or service, quick on delievery too ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭wba88

Not the cheapest crowd. before delivery charges and after discount codes a m2 2gb card is €55! cheapest i can find on the net is €27. If it was a matter of a few euro then i would prefer to help indigenous firms but this is too big a difference.

I've been using boards.ie for years and there always appears to be a lot of people recommending Shop4Memory. Interestingly, in all that time, I've not come across one single unfavorable comment about them. Considering the experience I had, I find that strange.

Hey Oracle,

Sorry to hear about your experience with s4m - this is far from the type of service we pride ourselves in offering. Lots of people here do seem to recommend us and I hope that is because they have all received the level of service they expected.

Not sure when your purchase was - if it goes back 2-3 years it may be possible that the packaging was not up to scratch but since then this should never happen. All modules ship in some type of hard tray protecting them against damage in the post.

Feel free to PM me with details of your purchase if you'd like me to investigate further.

-jayo

wba88 wrote:
    Not the cheapest crowd. before delivery charges and after discount codes a m2 2gb card is €55! cheapest i can find on the net is €27. If it was a matter of a few euro then i would prefer to help indigenous firms but this is too big a difference.

I've checked our Sandisk M2 2GB - they are out of stock and the price that is on our site is from the last batch we had in stock. New stock is arriving Tuesday and will be a lot cheaper - although probably not as low as €27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

http://www.memory-configurator.com/products/type/PC_Components/Graphics_Cards/index.html
    That seems a very good price for an 8800 GTX especially when you take off 7.5%

Im comparing to komplett, i do not see that particular model on there but the prices are mostly about the same. There are some for about the same price on komplett but still for an irish price its good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

wba88 wrote:

Can you post a link to the 2GB M2 for E27? Thanks.

daveg wrote:
    Can you post a link to the 2GB M2 for E27? Thanks.
    here
    if you have a look around you might be able to find a 5% off voucher or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

wba88 wrote:
    here
    if you have a look around you might be able to find a 5% off voucher or something

Thanks. Anyone wanna buy my 1GB M2 card as I'm upgrading..

No prob, try sell your 1gb on adverts for €25ish

• Advertisement

I must admit, that is an exceptionally good price for a 2GB M2 card.

MyMemory are based in Jersey so 21% VAT may be added when orders arrive in Ireland (just like when buying from the US) - but let's face it, it rarely happens, I think An Post are too busy to check all deliveries for VAT :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

jk2001 wrote:
    I must admit, that is an exceptionally good price for a 2GB M2 card.

MyMemory are based in Jersey so 21% VAT may be added when orders arrive in Ireland (just like when buying from the US) - but let's face it, it rarely happens, I think An Post are too busy to check all deliveries for VAT :)

But Jersey is part of the UK and as such an EU country... do specual VAT circumstances apply since its a tax free island? Would it be the same if importing something from the Canary islands for instance?

Yes, importing from Jersey is theoretically be the same as from the Canary Islands or the UK. But in fact, it probably rarely happens that An Post apply the correct VAT rate.

Advertisement