Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel - Inserting row/changing formula

• 01-06-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

There's probably a very obvious answer to this but i can't figure it out... :confused:

i have a column of numbers with a various totals throughout, eg

Total

Total

If i add a row in the middle of a sum range, the range changes automatically. But if i add a row at the end, just above the sum, the cell range doesn't change to include this new row...
    How can i get it to change???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

make sure the sum includes the cell you're adding ie =SUM(A1:A3,A6)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Girl From Tipp

Thanks Matt, but how do i get it to change automatically, the same as when i insert a row in the middle of the range? I'll be sending the worksheet to someone with very limited knowlegde of excel ,so i want them to be able to just insert the row and have the sum adjust itself

so instead of sum(A1:A3) i'd get sum(A1:A4) without editing the sum range myself...

ok....

so say for example you want to add a1:a4

and your results box is A6

change it to a1:a5 and when you insert a new row it should do it automatically

It also depends on what you're doing....

do they all have to be in 1 colum?

colum a as your input
    colum b has a second rage of inputs etc etc

see attached

Advertisement