Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another thread on de-branding a phone

• 01-06-2007 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

I know there are links online showing how to debrand a mobile phone yourself but it just sounds so complicated to me and I'd just prefer to go into a dodgy mobile phone shop like the ones you find on Parnell Street and get it done there.

Does anyone know if there are any shops that offer the service in Dublin and if it involves changing the IMEI of the phone etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Slice wrote:
    I know there are links online showing how to debrand a mobile phone yourself but it just sounds so complicated to me and I'd just prefer to go into a dodgy mobile phone shop like the ones you find on Parnell Street and get it done there.

Does anyone know if there are any shops that offer the service in Dublin and if it involves changing the IMEI of the phone etc?

To flash a phone you normally need special hardware, however for some phones such as Sony Ericsson you can do it yourself.

What is the make and model of your phone?

Changing the IMEI is not required for flash a phone, however changing an IMEI is illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

It's a Nokia 6300. I don't want the IMEI changed for many reasons - also because it's illegal, I know

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

Just curious really as to why you'd want to debrand the phone? Just annoyed by the Voda/whatever stuff installed on it, or are there other benefits? I've got a Vodafone 6300 myself so was just wondering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

The vodafone stuff is pasted all over the interface and I'm giving it to someone who isn't on Vodafone as a present. If they saw all the branding they'd know I got it for free then I would look like a scab :) It's not a big deal really, I was mostly just wondering if there's some shops that can do it for me but I may just lug myself into a shop to find out if no one knows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement