Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get into ebay

Options
  • 01-06-2007 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right board so mods feel free to point me in the right direction...

Anyway, I'm now on broadband with Newnet and working wirelessly off a router - not sure if any of this will have anything to do with my problem but thought I'd give some background - however I'm unable to get unto ebay.co.uk or ebay.ie or even ebay.com. I am, for some strange reason able to get into ebay.com.au (the Australian version) but can't go any further than the home page. I've tried the PCs in my local library and I can get into ebay there with no difficulties so it mustn't be a problem with the site.

Is there something faulty in my OS that would be blocking a connection to the site? The computer I have is a Dell and is three years old, second hand. Got it from a guy who buys in used computers from businesses, replaces any bits that are worn/faulty and then sells them on. So is my computer malfunctioning? One of the main reasons I got broadband was that I could use ebay more effectively.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Sounds like an MTU misconfiguration. Which router and modem are you using?

Advertisement