Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting 6th June

Options
  • 01-06-2007 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey all, did everyone get notice of the meeting for next week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

For which phase is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

for all of grove and park.
    I think it's insanely short notice! We recieved the letter yesterday, and won't be able to attend as we have planned holidays for this week.

Shouldn't there be three weeks notice of an AGM?

Perhaps you can allow someone to attend/vote as your proxy? I know it's done in the Wood's AGMs.

Shouldn't there be three weeks notice of an AGM?

Perhaps you can allow someone to attend/vote as your proxy? I know it's done in the Wood's AGMs.

Yep, 3 weeks for AGM and 2 for EGM but apparently this is neither of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LittleLil

It's just a meeting for the Park and the Grove there isn't any time required to call a normal meeting,it's not an AGM or EGM

• Advertisement

Glad that's clear so!

:)

LittleLil wrote:
    It's just a meeting for the Park and the Grove there isn't any time required to call a normal meeting,it's not an AGM or EGM

Still it's very very short notice, looks like it's deliberately short for some bizarre reason. Short notice + Bank Holiday week guarantees low turnout!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Just a little bump up as a reminder! Anyone know what time it's on at?
    Think it was 8pm in the Rugby Club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LittleLil

Yup, it's at 8pm in the rugby club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Well what was it all about???????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

I had hoped to be filled in! I had every intention of going but Wednesday was my 1st year wedding anniversary.

I was mainly interested in the "painting of doors issue"... most of the park have different color doors and it looks great. I don't see why we can't follow suit.

Did anyone attend and if so...........spill the beens.......

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

If I took it all up correctly it seems that Duplex's & Apts can't change their door colour but houses there doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Basically Brian Durkan as Director of CGP would have to take you to court to change it which he is not going to do.

Also applys to satellite dishes. People with a dish on the front of their house/Apt their names have been sent to Wicklow Co.Co. but if on the back same thing applys as in Durkans would have to take you to court to remove it.

dubsgirl wrote:
    If I took it all up correctly it seems that Duplex's & Apts can't change their door colour but houses there doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Basically Brian Durkan as Director of CGP would have to take you to court to change it which he is not going to do.

Also applys to satellite dishes. People with a dish on the front of their house/Apt their names have been sent to Wicklow Co.Co. but if on the back same thing applys as in Durkans would have to take you to court to remove it.
    Incorrect on the satellite dishes under The Wireless Telegraphy act- Planning permission is required for all masts aerials and dishes. The management company if they have sent a reminder in writing to remove them and you haven't then they have exhororated themselves from being prosecuted by W.C.C..Then they are bound send a list to the W.C.C. Planning Enforcement Office i.e. above list you mentioned ,who will issue fines for breach of planning and enforce removal.The only way around this is to apply for planning to erect them however it sadly seems the process has move beyond this in Charlesland .I do know the bookies and Superquinn both had to apply for and recieved with conditions planning for their dishes.
    Hope this is helpful you should call W.C.C. Planning Enforcement for further details.I got all the above from them.

Technically Muffinsda is correct.However original planning given by An Bord Pleanala for Charlesland Developments stated clearly that all Satellite dishes were prohibited and Developers Zapi which include Mountbrook both Durkans and Ballymore had to insert this on the covenants and leases that each Resident signed on purchase.
    In reality thoses with dishes up externally on any part of their houses are in breach a) of covenant and b) Planning Permission specific to their houses.c)Those with dishes to the front are in breach of general planning law.I'm not against dishes but went through all this already.
    Dubsgirl on Durkans taking you to Court ,again you are a little off the mark.In a way you would be taking yourself to court.
    It is a general misconception with Management Companies that the Developer can lead this as they are Directors. When in fact you are a shareholder in the company ,you pay the management fees to run the company and all takes is an official complaint from a member to have action initiated.The Directors have the final say but must act in the interests of the shareholders if something that is not in accordance with the lease is happening.
    Otherwise the Director can be struck off as a Director and this can have implications for the said Director in his dealings with other business interests he/she may have.The Management Companiy i.e. you and your neighbours would have to bear the cost of any action taken against one of you.The daft result would be increased fees or an imposed levy on each house.
    I hope this can be of help to anybody reading it.I learned it all from past experiences with Management Companies -mostly bad.If you ask me they should never have been allowed in mixed developments in the first place but are necessary for Apts and Duplexes.:( I think its total bull**** that people cant paint doors and windows if they are all close enough Varnishes and treatments can be fairly closely matched nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

is there anyone at all on the forum that was at the meeting who could give us all an overview of what happened and what was discussed/what actions were taken...

cuala did tell me before theyd be sending out minutes afterwards but i havent seen anything at all since...

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mousecatcher

me and significant other attended - missed the first AGM so wanted to get a feel for what the management company is about etc. I'm not sure we'll be attending again though! It started off badly with the residents committee and the management company squaring up to each other over the definition of an AGM versus an EGM versus an adhoc whatever that meeting was 'just for information'... There was an agenda with several items listed on it but things kept getting side-lined as so many people turned up with personal agendas. One man was very animated on the subject of the signs to keep off the grass because his son had been terrorised by one of the committee members - it nearly got ugly and Bernie the management lady was quite pleased i think because it diverted attention away from the podium... The subject of leaky drains was also raised - several people in duplexes have gutters that are leaking or falling down and it was promised that they would be fixed within the next couple of weeks. There was also much talk about when the next AGM should be and it was decided that after the school holidays was best. At that meeting votes will be taken on lots of things such as can we paint our doors different colours [i favour spots...] and the 'burning' question of satellite dishes. we left after a couple of hours because brain stem death was imminent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

thanks for the update, much appreciated :)

Advertisement