Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brothers, Sisters and Miss Fluff, I have a confession to make

• 01-06-2007 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

So there I was, out for lunch on this glorious day that's in it and of course there was only one thing on my mind.

There appears to be some mythical switch in my brain that engages when the sun shines and obliterates all reason and logical thinking and focuses on just one thing.

One thing that us brothers know and love so well, something that brings us great pleasure, something we share with that someone special, something that makes us big and strong and masculine.

I am of course referring to beer.

But could I convince my co-workers to go for a beer? Not a hope. So walking back from lunch, feeling dejected, I sought solace in what could only be described as nothing more than a girly drink - a Frappacino.

It's only as I get to the bottom of this beverage that I realise the grave mistake I have made. What came over me? What put a bloody Frappacino into my mind? Why was I willing to subject myself to public humiliation by even ordering the damn thing?

A moment of weakness, my brothers, what I am I going to do? How can I right this terrible wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Go out and drink twice as much tonight.... to make up for it (seriously I'ma girl and even I wouldn't drink a frappaccino!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I feel so.....so.......dirty. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Brother Tom, you must repent.

The only adequate measure is two sheets of bacon ribs, hald a dozen crubeens and 4 gallons of Guinness. I hope you have a big pot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tom dunne wrote:
    So there I was, out for lunch on this glorious day that's in it and of course there was only one thing on my mind.

There appears to be some mystical switch in my brain that engages when the sun shines and obliterates all reason and logical thinking and focuses on just one thing.

One thing that us brothers know and love so well, something that brings us great pleasure, something we share with that someone special, something that makes us big and strong and masculine.

I am of course referring to beer.

But could I convince my co-workers to go for a beer? Not a hope. So walking back from lunch, feeling dejected, I sought solace in what could only be described as nothing more than a girly drink - a Frappacino.

It's only as I get to the bottom of this beverage that I realise the grave mistake I have made. What came over me? What put a bloody Frappacino into my mind? Why was I willing to subject myself to public humiliation by even ordering the damn thing?

A moment of weakness, my brothers, what I am I going to do? How can I right this terrible wrong?

Brother Tom what had entered your mind when you ordered that thing (can't bring myself to call it a beverage)?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am sorry TD, i cant even look at you right now, i feel sick to the pit of my stomach, i am so ashamed of you.:mad:

Brother Tom what had entered your mind when you ordered that thing (can't bring myself to call it a beverage)?

I don't think there was anything in my mind at that particular moment. It's all a blur.

Where I was sitting for lunch, the sun was shining onto my bald patch. Maybe the part of my brain that deals with logic and reasoning was burnt?

That must be it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tom dunne wrote:
    I don't think there was anything in my mind at that particular moment. It's all a blur.

Where I was sitting for lunch, the sun was shining onto my bald patch. Maybe the part of my brain that deals with logic and reasoning was burnt?

That must be it.

I think you're actually quite lucky. The sun was probably cooking your brain. If you had stayed there any longer God only knows what would have happened. You could have gone and bought a pink shirt or something :eek: Head over to the bar when you get over this traumatic event, I have a pint on for ya......or would you rather a wkd:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I think you're actually quite lucky. The sun was probably cooking your brain. If you had stayed there any longer God only knows what would have happened. You could have gone and bought a pink shirt or something :eek: Head over to the bar when you get over this traumatic event, I have a pint on for ya......or would you rather a wkd:D
    woah woah, a fag-achinno is one thing, but a wkd? that's below the belt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

......or would you rather a wkd:D

The mans already down brother Cushion ! No need to kick him ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Don't worry brother Tom. We all make errors but it's how we react to these errors that make us the men we are. Just have an extra battered sausage after the pub tonight ;)

So tonight, it is the Redemption of Tom Dunne.

I will be drinking myself stupid to cleanse my soul of this terrible plague, the Frappacino.

I will then be wheeled to the nearest chippers where I will have ordered for me two snack boxes, two battered sausages, a spice burger and a local speciality that is the "Mega Burger".

Will this redeem me? Will this right the terrible wrong?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Brother Tom, I feel your pain and disappointment with your co-workers. The sun was shining and naturally this makes one think of beer, I have one beside me as I type, but if the girls you work with could not be convinced to have a beer you should have done what every man does in moments like this - bottle your feelings up to let them fester for a while. The fact that you sought solace in one of those things (I can't even bring myself to type the word. OK, I admit I can't spell it properly either, happy now?) leads me to believe that you do not understand the meaning of the word solace. It is something that can only be found at the bottom of a bottle of whiskey, no other alcoholic drink will do. The fact that you chose a non-alcoholic *spit* drink merely compounds the disgrace.

However, I do believe the ability to redeem himself is in every man. It's a bank holiday weekend, which gives you an extra day to do so. We will see you back here sober next Tuesday, but not before then Brother Tom. Now go and make amends and we'll have no more of this sort of nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

tom dunne wrote:
    I feel so.....so.......dirty. :(

Drink to forget Tom, drink to forget. I've bought you a drink over at the bar.;)

Just drink like a fish for the rest of the weekend that should more than make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just drink like a fish for the rest of the weekend that should more than make up for it.

Do fish drink :confused:
    When you think about it, the oceans must be full of fish pee :eek: ... hmm, I better get back to the bar!

jester77 wrote:
    Do fish drink :confused:
    When you think about it, the oceans must be full of fish pee :eek: ... hmm, I better get back to the bar!

Thank God I only drink beer and none of this water stuff the doctor keeps recommending. ppfft Doctors what do they know.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You drank a whatawhato?

I am very disappointed Brother. If you were going to drink a non alcoholic drink then at least you should have had a high sugar, stomach destroying, teeth rotting drink such as coke. This would maintain the illusion of excessive beer drinking by adding to the manly swell of the belly while also allowing you to impress the winnims that work with you with a few choice burps.

For pennace take 10 Guinness, 4 Jameson and a triple burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Ah, brother Tom, i recently discovered that Leo Burdocks in Rathmines are now selling battered and deep-fried mars-bars.

I think one (or two) might well take away the taste of...... that..... coffee..... thing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Brother Tom,

For Shame......... how anyone could be brought to imbibe such gack is indeed a mystery - I blame your co-workers, who refused to go beer-drinking with you, the feckless lot.

You have recognised that this was an aberration on your part - continue as before, dedicate yourself to beerage and soon this distasteful episode will be a distant memory.

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Brothers, I need your support.

In an effort to cleanse myself, I am delighted to report that I am currently on beer no. 6 tonight.

But I have been tempted by the Dark Side.

A Baileys has been put in front of me.

While the man in me says "off with that girly drink", the softer side of me says "oooh, that would be nice".

I feel a disturbance in the force. I feel I want beer no. 7, but I am somehow drawn towards that milky looking, glass of sweetness that is the glass of Baileys.

Damn that sun did some damage to me today.

What should I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

i say go for it Brother Tom :D have the Baileys ... shure a change is as good as a rest ... then have 4 kebabs when you've skulled beer number 7.

that's most likely the reason for your abberations today ... shure you're not aytin' proper.

see you in the bar later on ?

trout wrote:
    see you in the bar later on ?

Baileys is gone.

I'll be in the bar in 5.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oh i am drunk already, god damn rum - but stay away from the baileys, next you will telling us you are dancing around singing YMCA brother

On YouTube right now - "Sometimes when we touch" the classic by Dan Hill.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Brother this is a true test of your repentence. Don't give in. Get a whiskey instead. You know its the only way.

What's with the puppy dog?

a faithful companion.

for fetching beer.

That's ok.

As long as you are not, like, cuddling it or anything.

• Advertisement

Brother Tom, this is serious. I am getting worried about your general health, its an odd corruption of your bodily humors that seeing such a beast would send your thoughts in that direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Oh Brothers, I have been neglected this forum for too long now and I see by doing so I have failed Brother Tom in his hour of need. My shame knows no bounds. Fear not Brother Tom your manly acts of drunkeness this night shall act as penance for your unmanly sins!!

I am only thus far on bottle two of Innis & Gunn but it is 6.6% my brother and I have four more of these and a cask strenght 7.7% to go :) I will save the cask strength bottle to drink in your honour Brother Tom!

It takes a brave man indeed to come to his fellow Brothers and admit his weakness. Now to the bar!!

Aw, but it is cute.

What the F**K is happening here? To quote Pink Floyd, "There's someone in my head, but it's not me".

I need no. 8. Sorted.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Be strong Brother Tom. It is clear that you are going through some sort of crisis. When you have finished no. 8, do not even pause for breath before starting on no. 9, and no. 10 should not be too far behind. That will remove all thoughts of cute puppies and Baileys no. 2 from you mind. If not, proceed to no. 11 and continue the treatment as required.

Thank you, brother zaph. No. 8 has been dispensed with, no. 9 is performing it's duty as requested.

I'll just stay out of the sun, and away from coffee shops of ill-repute tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Brothers, I'm sorry to stumble in to your thread but I'm ****ing langers,,,,, :)

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote:
    Brothers, I'm sorry to stumble in to your thread but I'm ****ing langers,,,,, :)

Welcome to the klub, chlub, the gang.

The hizzle my nizzle? SAY WHAT!!!!!

DarkJager wrote:
    The hizzle my nizzle? SAY WHAT!!!!!

Word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What's this "izzle de drizzle" shyte?

If I want the weather forecast I'll ring 1850 PíSS ING.

Giz a pint there boss please before my throat heals up.

FO shizzle H to da IZZLE, YA'LL KNIZZLE WIZZLE I'MIZZZLE AYSING???

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote:
    FO shizzle H to da IZZLE, YA'LL KNIZZLE WIZZLE I'MIZZZLE AYSING???
    I think you are trying to tell us your nipples are delightfully tender ? ummmm be-yotch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I just knew I should have kept those Buntús Cáinte tapes...

My niplles could cut diamonds at the moment brother Trout!!!

DarkJager wrote:
    My niplles could cut diamonds at the moment brother Trout!!!
    Pa trout once described to me the various standards of horn that could be experienced by a young man coming into his prime ... ranging from the semi, or lob, through the chubby, full and raging horn stages and finally into the diamond cutter and now legendary blue veiner ...

so your nipples could cut diamonds eh ? i'll drink to that :D

*cut cut cut* check that shiznit out brother trout you ****in ;legend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The only way to repent your sins is to get a bottle of JD , stick on Pantera's Vulger display Of Power , and get hammered!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Op, you make me sick :(

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

tom dunne wrote:
    So tonight, it is the Redemption of Tom Dunne.

I will be drinking myself stupid to cleanse my soul of this terrible plague, the Frappacino.

I will then be wheeled to the nearest chippers where I will have ordered for me two snack boxes, two battered sausages, a spice burger and a local speciality that is the "Mega Burger".

Will this redeem me? Will this right the terrible wrong?

it may be advisable to add in a battered mars bar and a kebab...just for safe measure!

Advertisement