Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Brown left BMW motorrad

• 01-06-2007 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Went to joe duffy BMW the other day and found out that Paul Brown their motorrad sales manager had left. I'm sure lots of people here had dealings with him. Personally I always found him extremely helpful and a very decent guy. I reckon it will hit their sales big time that he has left now to persue other pastures.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Is this the guy who left and it's only come to light now he was handing out not so legal 1 year warranties on bike ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That same guy offered me a 1 year warranty on a bike a short time ago. While I was out for a test drive on an R1100R he tried to sell my current bike without my consent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

KTRIC wrote:
    That same guy offered me a 1 year warranty on a bike a short time ago. While I was out for a test drive on an R1100R he tried to sell my current bike without my consent.

I don't know about warranties, but I'm sure you get a warranty on any bike.....do you mean he had someone interested ? It sounds incredible that he tried to physically sell it...........weren't you out on his, at the time....??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

How is it illegal? Is it a requirement to have a two year warranty on a bike in Ireland? Only new bikes, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I don't know any business that sells a bike without some form of warranty, however short. This excludes specific 'trade sales' of course, advertised as such.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

As a friend, and colleague of Pauls, it's a shame to see him leave. I hope he'll be happy in whatever he does now, he was a superb ambassador for BMW, and Ducati Dublin before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭saddle tramp

ned78 wrote:
    As a friend, and colleague of Pauls, it's a shame to see him leave. I hope he'll be happy in whatever he does now, he was a superb ambassador for BMW, and Ducati Dublin before that.

Is that the same Paul that was with Honda in mount-joy st..
    I think about 7years ago remember speaking to him at the time nearly sure he mentioned he was going to Ducati Back then.... Sound bloke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Poor paul - this almost reads like an obituary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

It does actually doesn't it! Nah.. just he is well known in the biking circle. A lot of people bought bikes off him. My dad bought bikes off him with honda and then with BMW! I have a lot of time for him. Sad to see him go. I heard its canada where he has gone now...

Off to Canada eh? Which one of the following people is the new Paul Browne?

120px-Canadians.png

• Advertisement

The white haired lunatic on the heavily modified R1200R sitting outside metro! ;)
    One of the lads I was talking to said they thought he was moving to canada!? I take it not from your reply!
    Where is he moving to ? I always thought that he would be better suited to ducati dublin or some place like that. Always struck me as more a sports bike guy than anything else.

I didn't disagree with you, I don't know where Paul has gone, he could well be gone to Canada for all I know, I haven't seen him since the RDS Bike Show last year. Paul was with Ducati Dublin before though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Me, and a few others I know had to make complaints about him because of his messing about. Glad he's gone to be honest. Very unprofessional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

As the old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So,

That is all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

He is extremely well known in the biking scene and very highly thought of particularly with the bmw motorrad club of ireland.
    Just thought it was worth mentioning. He helped joe duffy build a large and loyal customer base. Also was involved in organising free motorcycle safety classes for all in the grounds of joe duffy with tony toner. In fairness to the guy he has put a lot into the motorcycle community here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

with nismo on this one...meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Oh dear a guy who gave away fake warranty with bikes and lied to the public is gone, I'll be crying in my Kornflakes in the morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement