Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is just bizarre...Sims, The Movie!

Options
  • 01-06-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this on Gamespot. They're making a Sims movie. It boggles the mind. What can they even be thinking of? The concept might be a good sketch, like when Drew Carey did it, but seriously, a full movie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

It's got such a following that it'd make money either way. Retarded.

Still waiting for a HL movie myself, i mean.. seriously, what a plot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Still waiting for a HL movie myself, i mean.. seriously, what a plot!

Yeah, the dialogue would be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

humanji wrote:
    I saw this on Gamespot. They're making a Sims movie. It boggles the mind. What can they even be thinking of? The concept might be a good sketch, like when Drew Carey did it, but seriously, a full movie?

I'd sooner go see OC the movie...

(The me they aren't making that into a movie! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

does anyone here play the sims, it does seem to have a huge following and all the game shops have like a whole segment devoted to them, I've only seen girls looking at the boxes but fellas must buy them too, own up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

im gonna own up-ive never actually once played ANY of the sims games...always meant to try but never got round to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I admit I bought one of the earlier sims games, maybe it was the first one, back in the early days of Windows ME anyway. It was interesting for about a week, but it got old quick even my younger sister tired of it. I guess it appeals to the same demographic who watch sh*t like Big Brother and Diarmuid Gavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sand wrote:
    Yeah, the dialogue would be something else.

Freeman should be a mute, duh. Literally. He uses sign language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I thought the Sims was a really good game actually. It was a completely original concept and it was well executed, I got a lot of hours out of it in the first few weeks.

It did become very repetitive though, and I got tired of it. But then every game is like that. I think the problem with the Sims was that they milked it to death with expansion packs, and it has the stigma of being made by EA and being aimed at casual players, which puts 'hardcore' gamers off. The core concept was great when it came out though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I never had any problem with the Sims - there is certainly an audience for it. Every game doesnt have to cater for the hardcore.
    However, when I heard about this I was instantly turned off the series.
    Corporate slandering of the worst kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

MooseJam wrote:
    does anyone here play the sims, it does seem to have a huge following and all the game shops have like a whole segment devoted to them, I've only seen girls looking at the boxes but fellas must buy them too, own up :)
    I actually liked the sims, played both the first and the sequel alot. Never got much into the addons as EA really took the piss with some of the crap they released but the orginal games are brillant.
    Also Will Wright is a game genius and hopefully spore will be amazing too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the only way i see the sims working is if they take notes from the simpsons episode where lisa creates life and indian in the cupboard. Mixed with a bit of desperate housewives and war of the roses.

On a hl movie, i've said it before that if they make one, they should have a new character as the central protagnist of the movies plot, and have Gordon freeman as a sort unseen *messiah* figure until late in the film. (its the impression that comes across very strongly in half life 2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    On a hl movie, i've said it before that if they make one, they should have a new character as the central protagnist of the movies plot, and have Gordon freeman as a sort unseen *messiah* figure until late in the film. (its the impression that comes across very strongly in half life 2)

I think that could work, but they'd have to come up with a decent main character to keep it going. It's the same as what they did in Metal Gear Solid 2, by making Snake appear towards the end of the game and having you play as Raiden for most of it. I think it just ended up being annoying.

Although a film is a whole different thing so, again, that could work.

Advertisement