Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most Over Rated Band/Acts Ever? and Why?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

judas101 wrote:
    went for oasis but reckon Coldplay should be up there.

guess i should have clicked other really. ah well.

I also think Coldplay are overrated. i saw them at ******** a few years ago (back in those heady pre-****** days) and they were awful. I think U2 are way over rated too, controversial I know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Nirvana. I've gotten sh*t from ppl for voicing such an opinion, but hey, this is what free speech is for innit?

Really couldn't get into them at all. Totally overrated and nowhere near as influential as some people seem to think they were. IMO they weren't even one of the best bands to come out of Seattle ffs! Cobain was, in fact, totally talentless - couldn't sing, was a pretty poor guitarist and as for the lyrics... Classic American whiny b*llocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Nirvana, Oasis and Elvis are all good shouts.

Lol @ the Radiohead bashers. ****ing great band.

And what the hell is Bob Dylan doing on the list????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThousandLeaves

Elvis' contribution was mainly his popularity, he produced nothing original but as a populariser he was excellent and nowhere near as watered-down as many of the other white performers trying to make it big with recycled rythm & blues. The problem is that a lot of people seem to treat him as a kind of rock n roll jesus, not a lad with a good voice, great style and a knack for making R n B palatable to a white audience without washing out all of the grit (just most of it).

Nirvana were a damn fine band, but again some people seem to take them way too seriously, which turned me against them for years. Now that I amn't exposed to as much of the Cobain-worship as I used to be, I'm discovering there is a lot there, even if Nevermind isn't the best example of it (WAY too shiny, Bleach & In Utero are far better).

It's the same with a lot of bands, I'd consider them to be overrated not because they're bad, but because some people attribute ridiculous things to them. Not like Queen, they're just terrible.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

From the list, Oasis. U2 also, though theyre not on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

see i disagree, i think a U2 song is almost instantly recognisable as they have a real clear sound that is solely their own.

i think its recogizable cause they're all the feckin' same!:rolleyes:

Advertisement