Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 USB modem problems

• 01-06-2007 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have PCMCIA datcard (which my wife now has) on the 250 mb which works absoloutlely fine with outlook sending and recieving mail ( eircom.net address)

Incoming mail server: mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing server : smtp.3ireland.ie

I now have a USB data modem on the 10GB tariff but will not not send emails(it will recieve no problem) I am getting the following errors using EXACTLY the same settings as above.

Error conecting to smtp server. you do not have suficient credit; please top up and try again later.
    ( before you ask no it is not a PAYG sim it is a post pay sim)

error connecting to smtp server; server could not be found blah blah blah...

If I put the sim from the pcmcia card in the usb modem i do not get this error it works fine.
    I have been onto customer care for past 10 days to resolve this issue. They have even given me a sim replacement but same error as above.

A buddy of mine has exactly the same issues as i have he is using XP and office 2003, I am using Vista with outlook 2007.

can anyone shed any light on this for me please, in fairness to 3 thay have gone as far as they can with this and been extremely helpful in caling me back and checking things out via process of elimination. It has now been escalated within tech services but that will be another 24 hrs and at this stage it is becoming very annoying.
    :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

I'm having the same problem, using indigo mail on the USB modem.

When using my indigo smtp server I get a message saying a IP address is on Spamhaus (a 3 ip, btw).

When I use the 3ireland.ie smtp server now it just keeps asking for the username/password.

Was on to Cust Service again and apparently the smtp server is down and should be resolved within the 24 hours :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont be fobbed off by "24 hours" its bull****! push to talk to a tech person in the uk! When they tell you it will be fixed in 24/48/72 hourse they are fobbing you off.

Either all the customer service people are coming up with this idea together so they dont have to deal with the issue OR more probable is Three are telling them to say this to get you off the phone and stop bothering them.

If you search back through my posts you will see I seen this coming and now is the right time to say "I told you so"

Advertisement