Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Electric Helicopter Beginner's Guide

Options
  • 01-06-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Interested in getting into Electric Helis or even still learning? click on the following link below for a good guide which will cover alot of what you need to know, plus the various helis on the market.
    http://www.swashplate.co.uk/ehbg/ehbg-17-A4.pdf

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

the guide is a 31 chapter book, thats all I need to know not to get into RC heli's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Speaking of getting into electric helis:

Getting the itch to drop a few quid into one of these!

Decent enough radio so if I decide to up the pace and go for say a trex 600 in future at least the radion doesn have to change! ok the gyro isnt as good as the logitech 2100t for a few quid more but is it easy to get second hand copied of say Real Flight G3 withe cables or does it come with a controller!

How long does it take before a person can hover one of these around the garden? or is that how much ;P

Thanks
    Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

How long does it take before a person can hover one of these around the garden?

Thats like asking along is a piece of string..... it all depends on the person, some say kids pick it up easier cause there use to joystick/pc games, but the simulators do help.
    but is it easy to get second hand copied of say Real Flight G3 withe cables or does it come with a controller!

You can copy all the sim's (reflex/G3.5/aerofly) but you will only be able to play them if you have the usb dongle to your controller/radio. I have yet to see these dongles copied... Cheaper than the some is Phoenix Flight sim which is getting good reports...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

syl77 wrote:
    Thats like asking along is a piece of string..... it all depends on the person, some say kids pick it up easier cause there use to joystick/pc games, but the simulators do help.

And my parents always insisted that spending hours in front of computer screens would reap no benefits!! :D

Will check out about the dongles!

Heard these things are difficult have watch countless vids on youtube.
    I fancy the challenge!

That rex 450 isnt too upscale for a noob is it?
    I fancy putting the money into something thatll last a while and do 3D but id say im years away from 3D.

Thanks syll

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

On flight sims ... I had the Realflight G2 and then G3.
    Later I changed from G3 to Aerofly Pro De Luxe, when a friend showed an interest in the G3.
    Aero fly Pro De Luxe is less "american" in the flying locations you have provided, and the other features are pretty comparable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement