Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allergies

Options
  • 01-06-2007 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

hi everyone.

i want to get gerbils when i go back to college, but i'm worried i'll be allergic to them. i have a dog at home, and i'm okay with him, but i met a cat up close and personal for the first time in my life a few weeks ago and my eyes swelled up so i couldn't see for a few days. i used to have rabbits when i was little, and have mild allergic reactions, but i think it was more to the hay i used in their hutch than to the animals themselves.

does anyone know how i could tell if i'm allergic to gerbils before i buy them? short of going into the petshop and sniffing them, i mean:)

thank you:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope I guess you will have to visit the pet store & see! Good luck tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You could get an allergy test done. There's a clinic in Stillorgan I was recommeded by my doctor when I was enquiring about allergies.

http://www.slievemore-clinic.com/

I'm not sure how specific they can go but could be useful for advice.

Advertisement