Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is getting yar eyebrow pierced sore?????

Options
  • 01-06-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

thinkin of gettin it done!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'd liken the experience of eyebrow piercing to being licked to death by kittens on a pile of feathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Gauge wrote:
    I'd liken the experience of eyebrow piercing to being licked to death by kittens on a pile of feathers.

I'd liken it more to the smell of chocolate melting while a japanese womans recites poetry in a rose garden. Each to his own i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I underwent both physical and psychological tortureas part of my SAS training, and getting my eyebrow pierced was so much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

you cant really say unless you've had it,everyone is different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I didn't find it painful, but then again everyone has different pain thresholds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I lost 2.5 pints of blood and still have night terrors about it. It looks bitchin' though, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I got it done in 1997, long before it was fashionable. I got an incredible rush from it for some reason. I didn't have the same expierience from any of my other piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I almost died....

Oh wait. I don't have my eyebrow done. :)

Look. It really depends on your pain threshold. Me being me would say heck no, but that's cos I like pushing my pain threshold and I can handle pain really really well.

At the end of the day, the 'pain' lasts what, a few mins? And then you have a mod you've wanted for a while. Weigh up the advantages here, then decide. And stop asking stupid questions!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

3 friends got it done the other day, said its grand and isnt esp sore at all

Man this thread didn't go the way i was hoping it would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Flame fest? Oh well, we tried...

I was hoping more for poetic renditions of peoples experiences getting there eye brows pierced but i'd settel for a flame fest now

its prone to rejection so id keep a very close eye on it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

NO, Iv'e got it done twice, First time it rejected, second time had it for months, although it was looking a bit dodgy (may have beeen rejected eventually like the last one) Had to take it out for work.

yeah it has a real tendency to reject,my friends had hers rejected twice already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭angelbaby

no its not really that sore..just like a little sting kinda!!its not the type of peircing to mess about with though cos the skin on your eyebrow can be very light and can wear away easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 miztaken

your eyebrow is def not the worst or most painfull place to get pierced..

i've had my nipple, ear, eyebrow, lip, tongue and bellybutton, top n bottom done, its def not sore..
    like if you were to say get your girly bits pierced, then maybe worry about the pain...
    plus, most eyebrow peircings can actually get pulled out, if not if you get a hoop or bar that is too heavy, it gives you a droopy eye... but thats only in my experience!!! (lol.. i just know a few people who's eye brows drop a little... due to their peircings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

From my personal promiscious experience, the eyebrow insertion was both tantalising, teasing and terrifying. The sight of blood dripping from my leafy lids brought tears to my already aquaeous visual orifices, and my body shaked with ultimate endorphin.

(just for you emmet)

Much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dewlanna

I got mine done about ten years ago, so have no clue about procedures now, but they put numbing liquid (don't ask me what it was, have no idea) on it, so it just felt really "cold". Second time was a bitch, cos they just used the same holes so now I'm left with scars that I have to look at every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

im sure you look very tough though :D
    say you got em wrestling some exotic animal or something :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SexyColxx

just wondering..im getting it done at the weekend without the rents knowing.. and i was wondering what would happen if i took it out for a minute or two while i was talking to them and then put it back in? would it close up?

Your parents are going to be aware you have your eyebrow pierced. You really think you can pop out a ring or unscrew a barbell and whip it out every time they appear? And that they won't notice the bleeding hole in your face from messing with a new piercing?

Won't work tried it in my less cool days, oh the joys of being 15

People used to try it for classes with particular strict teachers back in school.

Ugh, the sight of them trying to force the nostril screw back into a partially closed, bloody nostril piercing is one of my less pleasent memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

You're getting a needle put through your flesh.

Do the math.

Most, if not all piercings hurt, some people like that, some don't.

If you really want it done it shouldn't matter though.

Advertisement