Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swooleb lip after frsh piercing

Options
  • 01-06-2007 5:33pm

Just after getting my lip pierced for the first time, and it swelled up immediately. Anyone have any experience of this and are there any complications as a result of this?

The guy who did it said that it's common enough and all I have to do is wait a few days and he'll put in a larger ring.

Just trying to reassure myself that this isn't going to turn into one of those horror stories you hear of.

Edit: Apologies for the misspelt title.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Completely normal will go down in a couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

suck on ice and ice pops,helps a lot:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭st3vo

there ya go ice pops.

Dont panic you just had a needle shoved through your lip which is a very sensitive area.

I have my lip and my Labret done. My lip also swelled up. You'll be fine.

I still maintain my tongue was the worst piercing i ever had.... and i had the front of my neck pierced (just below my adams apple)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The title amused me because it seems how a person with a swollen lip might speak :)

Yeah, if it gets REALLY swollen/painful/difficult to open mouth/ring starts disappearing into lip, then you might worry. My lip only swelled for a day...

The swelling started to go do slightly after I posted this thread. I think my initial worry was more to do with the fact that I've had a morbid fear of needles since I was a child, and after working up the courage to go ahead and do it my mind just kept imagining the worst case scenario.

As it happens I was walking home this evening and some asshole I know saw the ring and pulled at it, hurt like hell. I acutually think he would have pulled it out if a friend hadn't grabbed his hand.

• Advertisement

The swelling started to go do slightly after I posted this thread. I think my initial worry was more to do with the fact that I've had a morbid fear of needles since I was a child, and after working up the courage to go ahead and do it my mind just kept imagining the worst case scenario.

As it happens I was walking home this evening and some asshole I know saw the ring and pulled at it, hurt like hell. I acutually think he would have pulled it out if a friend hadn't grabbed his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Just out of interest, was the initial jewellery a ring?

Cos I found that the one time my lip swelled up was when I had a ring in it. Studs seemed to cause no hassle at all for me. Anyone have a similar experience?

Advertisement