Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England - Brazil (could be laugh)

• 01-06-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Or possibly a tedious tap-about.

Dunno the line-up yet but expect 4-4-2 with Nicky Shorey left back, Carra right back, Beckham on the right, Gerrard in the middle (Lampard on the bench hopefully) and Owen alongside Alan Smith, the best bit will proberly be seeing Wemberly lit up at the end.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Im pretty sure McClaren is playing Gerrard and Lampard in the centre. Some people never learn! :rolleyes: Should be a good game, I think Brazil will win, they seem to be taking it pretty seriously with Kaka, Ronaldinho, Robhino, and Alex all playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Couple of future stars in the Brazil squad - Wagner Love, Jo, Marcelo, Elano, Diego.

Brazil were very poor when i seen them against Portugal in the spring. Probably cos of new coach, new ideas. Hopefully with Ronaldinho back, they can do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I wouldn't swap Robbie Keane for Wagner Love. I don't know how he's linked with the likes of Chelsea and Barca. I'm not watching the match, he'll probably have a great game. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well he's not so far eire. Has had a few decent touches but nowt much else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

John Terry scores the first international goal at the new Wembley from a Beckham freekick. Hopefully this might make for a more exciting last 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Gutted I couldn't get to the game due to health reasons. I couldn't even get a mate to pick up my ticket because they need photo ID when collecting. Still there'll be more England games for me to attend in the future and also good to see Becks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ha, camera cuts to McClaren after the equaliser who just sits there and says 'shít'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Typical. 1-1 full time. Diego header in 92nd min.

Good to see Beckham back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lampard still mainly crap in white. Gerrard toiled manfully in the holding position. Shorey had a fine debut but still won't play if Bridge is fit on Wednesday. Owen looked pretty sharp but not helped by Alan Smith as his partner who did zip really. Beckham okay a few good balls the best ending with Terrys goal.

Mike.

Is it just me or did anyone else think they were looking at a black Roy Keane when Afonso Alves came on? :eek:

http://talpa.infostradasports.com/images/lib/basic/person/pp_clubteam/large/438886.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

nobody on either team impressed me with the possible exception of Beckham (once again his set-pieces the only time england look dangerous) and Shorey (a solid debut when he must have been feeling the pressure). McClarens reaction to Diego's header was the highlight of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Beckham looked sharp. Owen was decent. Nice cross from Beckham and header from Terry. Lampard wasn't great. Shorey confidence grew, i think, as the game progressed. Decent game.

And I think Cole was having a personal duel with Robinho for most stepovers in a game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

eirebhoy wrote:
    Is it just me or did anyone else think they were looking at a black Roy Keane when Afonso Alves came on? :eek:

http://talpa.infostradasports.com/images/lib/basic/person/pp_clubteam/large/438886.jpg

holy crap they cloned him 0o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Listening to McClaren before and after, I just want to hit him (don't ban me!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ha, camera cuts to McClaren after the equaliser who just sits there and says 'shít'

Yeah, that was funny alright. :D

The match itself was very boring - the Brazilians keeping the ball and the English just standing up looking at them. Like what has already been said, Beckham played well and Owen had his moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

mike65 wrote:
    Listening to McClaren before and after, I just want to hit him (don't ban me!)

Mike.

you, me and about 40 million others:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

turned it on just before England scored. great free kick.

Where was Rooney? hes not injured is he?

not much happened really but I laughed when Brazil scored and Mclaren said sh1t. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Typical English performance.

Dominate the match for the first 90 minutes, but then throw the match away in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Missed the game. Did Anderson feature? First I heard he was in the squad, then he was out of it.

Typical English performance.

Dominate the match for the first 90 minutes, but then throw the match away in injury time.
    England ---- Brazil
    1 -- Goals -- 1
    4 -- Shots on Target -- 3
    3 -- Shots off Target -- 13
    1 -- Blocked Shots -- 3
    3 -- Corners -- 6
    77.4 -- Passing Success -- 83.1
    45.8 -- Possession -- 54.2
    48 -- Territorial Advantage -- 52

Unless you're being sarcastic... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement