Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best hangover food???

• 01-06-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

For me it has to be a meatball sub toasted with extra cheese and a HUGE fanta, yuuuuuuummy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

A pint of Robinson's squash for every pint I've drunk (this is before you go to bed) and a bag of crisps and hey presto! Less hangover the next day!

But should this method fail I love beans on toast with a poached egg or poached eggs on toast with crushed garlic and mayo, not to mention a huuuuuuge glass of coke...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Pizza, chips, burger, anything loaded with fat really. Does the trick every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Spicy chicken ramen... LOTS of chillis. Sweat it out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Iceberger icecream and a bottle of club energiser

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A runny egg with toast and coffee! coffee! coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Lucozade. Gallons and gallons of lucozade.

But like the OP said, you can't beat a meatball sub. Especially the Subway version. I have doubts as to whether it ACTUALLY contains meat or cheese, but it's so good I just don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

chips, bugers, pizza anything really, thats normally bad for you makes the hangover feel so much better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

milk and cheese tasters from marks and spencers. mmmmmmmmm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Attol wrote:
    anything loaded with fat really. Does the trick every time.
    Fat will help neutralise the bile in your stomach. Glucose will restore glycone levels and give energy. Drinking low methanol drinks (like rum or good vodka) will severly reduce hangovers (cider has probably the highest methanol content). Being hydrated before bed helps hugely, as will taking painkillers on a full stomach before bed which will delay their absorption.

Advertisement