Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet problem

Options
  • 01-06-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with NTL bb basically my connection drops to zero every 20 seconds for 1 second, So say i'm downloading something at 200kps every 20 seconds it will drop to 0kps then back up again, not such a big deal you probably say but i like to play online games alot and every 20 seconds i lag for 1 or 2 seconds,

I have a graph to show what i mean i was streaming a movie and using netmeter
    http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2394/laghd9.jpg

the problem lasts for weeks at a time i went through a phase where it stopped for 2 months now its back,

I ran tracerouths and pinged my isp server all come out clean i don't actually disconnect from the internet it just seems to bottleneck every 20 seconds,

And ofc NTL won't return my phonecalls.

Advertisement