Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a soundcard

Options
  • 01-06-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Basically just looking for a good reliable soundcard in the region of €50 that wont act up mainly for playing CSS. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

just use onboard for css. a x-fi wont improve sound that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea it will like make it sound different... not improve your skill! Ive an X-fi xtreme gamer it makes no difference to my games really..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

if you search around ebay ya can get a x-fi xtream music for around 50-60.

thats what i got and with my aegos on full a glass will fall off the table :D and it sound UNREALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

also the old souts sounds unreal in css really clean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

edit the config files so your volume is higher than actually allowed to set by the game? not sure if you can in cs, but its what i did in UT2k4, 4.5 times the allowed volume :D there's nothing i cant hear ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

edit the config files so your volume is higher than actually allowed to set by the game? not sure if you can in cs, but its what i did in UT2k4, 4.5 times the allowed volume :D there's nothing i cant hear ^_^
    Quoted so we can point out your hacks...:D:p

Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio is €62, or the Creative SB Audigy SE PCI, 7.1 Surround, 24-bit/96KHz, Retail for €40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

the_syco wrote:
    Quoted so we can point out your hacks...:D:p

:>

well, some pro players I know of (Dignitas\ScrMz_ for one url]www.team-dignitas.org[/url) has theirs at x9 volume, and have the sennheiser HD 280 headset... you'd be deaf after 20 mins tbh!

Advertisement