Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 on 3 or o2

• 01-06-2007 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

would it be worth bringing a N95 back from America to use on 3? i am on 3bill pay, just heard about problems using it on the network? and does the phone work with out chargers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

davton wrote:
    would it be worth bringing a N95 back from America to use on 3? i am on 3bill pay, just heard about problems using it on the network? and does the phone work with out chargers?

I can't answer about the first but no phone works without chargers!
    However, you can almost certainly get some kind of transformer thingie to use the U.S. charger here. Or else just buy a new charger here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rockson wrote:
    I can't answer about the first but no phone works without chargers!
    However, you can almost certainly get some kind of transformer thingie to use the U.S. charger here. Or else just buy a new charger here.

i mean the phone be charged here with are normal chargers cause both here and america batteries are 3.7volts and just depending which charger its transforming from hte 120v to 3.7v, or 230 to 3.7v in our case. well least thats my understanding, just looking for advice from someone who has already done it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Vodafone are launching the phone next month I hear..

Vodafone are launching the phone next month I hear..

ye there is a lot sayin on 3 aswell, but i dont think it will be dat soon, ireland sadly always seem to behind everyone else in getting things! u think its not worth the hassle im guessing of picking one up over there? im going over this month, i was thinking about it, around 500euro unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

davton wrote:
    i mean the phone be charged here with are normal chargers cause both here and america batteries are 3.7volts and just depending which charger its transforming from hte 120v to 3.7v, or 230 to 3.7v in our case. well least thats my understanding, just looking for advice from someone who has already done it??

Yeah a European charger will work on the phone... if buying an N95 in America ..check what bands it works on.. EGSM900, GSM850/1800/1900 MHz (thats what they are here)..and of course make sure its un locked...Tried usa.nokia.com to see the specs and the phone isnt listed..:confused:

• Advertisement

JohnnieM wrote:
    Yeah a European charger will work on the phone... if buying an N95 in America ..check what bands it works on.. EGSM900, GSM850/1800/1900 MHz (thats what they are here)..and of course make sure its un locked...Tried usa.nokia.com to see the specs and the phone isnt listed..:confused:

ye i did teh same yest, i was surprised wasnt on it! il check the bands cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Actually jus thinking.. You'd be better off JUS getting one here as if you have problems with it ..(an you proably will) you'll be covered by Its European warranty.I know Australian phones etc could not get warranty repairs here...Not sure about America.. but its certainly some thing you'd at least want to check..That was a while ago when i last came across this maybe things have changed..

ye maybe so,, either just wait and wait and wait or pay the 700 now, maybe il just wait, wld get a lot of stick for spending 700 on a phone and nothing on herself :p

Advertisement