Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live

• 01-06-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm just wondering what exactly the difference between xbox live silver and gold is apart from the word gold and silver. What can i do with gold that i can't with silver etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Mkl wrote:
    Hey,
    I'm just wondering what exactly the difference between xbox live silver and gold is apart from the word gold and silver. What can i do with gold that i can't with silver etc?

Thanks

Silver only lets you use the marketplace but gold lets you play games online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Also some demo's/videos are available first for gold users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Hi guys,

Ok I got my 360 at Christmas and up till now have been using the change your gamertag to avail of another free month of gold membership.

Anyway I now want to get 3 months of gold member ship but wanted to know something. I have an american email address on one of my gamertags, if I buy my membership with this does that mean will get the current exchange rate on $20 or will I be charged €20 as I would if I bought with an Irish email address.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It goes by the credit card, as in where it's issued, as far as I know.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

chrislad wrote:
    It goes by the credit card, as in where it's issued, as far as I know.

Nope - if you have an American account (e-mail and live) you will be charged the USD amount and CC will convert to the equivalent EUR
    The credit card does not matter
    I got my 12Mth Sub for €37 :D

Mik

• Advertisement

Nice one Mike, will be using the american email then.

14 euro for 3 months aint too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

shortys94 wrote:
    I have an american email address on one of my gamertags
    Heya Shortys94, I don't quite understand someone can have an "American" Email address. I have heard people mention that they have American Email addresses before so I don't doubt what you say. Could some explain how this works to me. I have had some hotmail addresses I set up a number of years ago... did you select 'America' as your location at the time of setting up your Email account?

Should all Europeans set up American Email addresses to get cheaper Live subscriptions? Or could MS eventually cancel your subscriptions due to a violation of the EULA conditions?

Well you see we used to live in the States, so one of our hotmail addresses originates from there, yea I guess you just set it to USA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Excellent, cheers Shortys94. :)

Darn, tried doing it on american account but I couldnt since the credit card I had was from Ireland and the address had to be a US one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement