Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dates?

Options
  • 01-06-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭

Iv applied for advanced entry to DIT for Vis.Com and i was wondering if anyone around here knew what date the interviews are usually held around for it?

Any help welcome:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eefy

Hi Gintonious,
    I've also applied by advanced entry to Vis Comm,
    I got a letter last week just to confirm that they received my application.
    I expect interviews will be near the end of the month,
    or later I hope coz my portfolio is nowhere near ready, arghh!!!
    out of interest what year have you applied for?

I applied for all the years just for the sake of it but I'm hoping for 2nd, i got that same letter ages ago, they extended their date for the applications till the 31st of May so hopefully they will start sending out dates soon cause I'm going to the states soon and it will kill me if i get a date after I'm gone.

Maybe you should give the admissions office a call,
    If you explained your situation, they might accommodate you with an interview on a date that suits you.

I just rang them there and they said that letters were sent out on Friday so they should arrive tomorrow and if it doesn't then I have to ring them tomorrow, so here is hoping for the best.

• Advertisement

Hey Gintonious,
    I got a letter yesterday, It says I've to drop my portfolio in wednesday morning!!!!
    They don't give you much time!!!
    The letter also says to include evidence of writing skills, essays or dissertion.
    Its been a few years since I was in college so I don't have anything at all like that,
    So I guess I'm pretty screwed on that front and I don't think my portfolio will carry me through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I've applied for second year of Product Design, and I've aready got my ID number, yet I haven't got a letter as to when the interview will take place, etc. Does this mean that I haven't been accepted for advanced entry, or will I have to wait for another month or so for the letter to arrive?

I doubt if your application has been unsuccessful, you probably just haven't received the letter yet. If you're really worried give them a call.

BTW: the letter was for portfolio submission not interview at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Before ye join the big aul DIT ye better get used to the fact that they send out important letters the week before, if not the week of, the event.
    Tragic for the aul organised mailing so they are.

I still never got a letter, luckily i rang them to sort things out so its still all good, ill probably get the letter after i go to the states

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard back from DIT yet? My mam rang them before she went on holidays(which was 2 weeks ago on Monday I think)and they said about 2 weeks or so, but ya never know with DIT, from what iv heard they can have issues with their mailing system.

So i was talking to a mate back home in ireland and he got a letter about 11 days ago saying he got accepted and that he had to let them know by the 5th of july, which contradicts what my ma was told on the phone the other week, my nerves are all over the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I'm going Advanced entry in Computer Science there and they told me that they'll be posting out registration information in late August I think. I was at DIT before from 2000 to 2004.

Cool, im not sure how it works really but i handed in my stuff on june 13th and i left for the states the day after, my mam rang then on the monday before she went on holidays and she gave my name, then the girl on the phone said that the letters would be out in 2 weeks or so and that if i was accepted then i wouldnt have to let them know until 1 month after i got the letter, so as you can understand im a bit nervous

Got my letter and got in as well...but...the dates on the letter say that i had to let them know by friday if i wanted the place and the letter only arrived on friday afternoon, it states on the letter that it was supposed to have been sent on the 25th of june but it also has a stamp on the letter for when it was posted and it said the 5th of july, hopefully ill still be ok though.

Advertisement