Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaa macbeth predictions

Options
  • 01-06-2007 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

me thinks 1 lady macbeth 2 Kingship 3 imagery 4Relevence for modern reader
    5 banquo or the withes or maybe something abot competeing powers.What are ye banking on???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'm hoping for appearance vs. reality.
    And I have to ask. What the 'aaa'?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I'm hoping for the theme of Kingship and the character of Macbeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I'm hoping for the theme of Kingship and the character of Macbeth.
    Sounds good to me!One of the popular tips does seem to be kingship alright.

lemansky wrote:
    Sounds good to me!One of the popular tips does seem to be kingship alright.
    One thing I dislike about Kingship though is the fact that theres 4 kings in the play (Duncan, Macbeth, Malcolm and Edward), and I was planning on writing an opening, a paragraph on the idea of ''the golden round'', a paragraph on each king, and then a conclusion.But theres **** all I can write about Edward.The only things I can think of is he fulfills all the qualities of a king Malcolm said, and thats it.Its really annoying.Can anyone tell me what they're planning to write about Edward if Kingship comes up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

for characters, I'd say macduff, banquo, macduff & banquo as complementary characters, malcolm (foils to macbeth in general) and maybe lady macbeth. they could sneak one in about Ross and Lennox, but it's not too likely. other stuff could be a dramatic scene (heard that from a very reliable source, apparently they want to focus on the aspects of macbeth as a play as opposed to a text), modern relevance, imagery, deception, irony, and kingship, of course! I doubt there'll be a question on macbeth himself again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

One thing I dislike about Kingship though is the fact that theres 4 kings in the play (Duncan, Macbeth, Malcolm and Edward), and I was planning on writing an opening, a paragraph on the idea of ''the golden round'', a paragraph on each king, and then a conclusion.But theres **** all I can write about Edward.The only things I can think of is he fulfills all the qualities of a king Malcolm said, and thats it.Its really annoying.Can anyone tell me what they're planning to write about Edward if Kingship comes up?

Well in the mocks I wrote about how he is the ideal king in the sense of him having an almost saintly way about him.They use kinda liturgical ways of speaking when talking about him.He is the absolute of what a king should be-God's representative on earth....then Duncan is more of a people's king.He is kind of at one with the people if you know what I mean.Just talk about where this is all shown and how it fits in with good kingship.I got a really good result on that question.Can't remember it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

There are several threads on this already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I know, Why isn't any other single text discussed?
    Macbeth Macbeth Macbeth:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahdolly

King edward serves as saintly benefactor to his people. hence he serves as a contrast to macbeths tyranical style of kingship. he also has heavenly powers (curing) which also contrast against the disease imagery associated with macbeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahdolly

King edward serves as saintly benefactor to his people. hence he serves as a contrast to macbeths tyranical style of kingship. he also has heavenly powers (curing) which also contrast against the disease imagery associated with macbeth!

• Advertisement

sarahdolly wrote:
    he also has heavenly powers (curing) which also contrast against the disease imagery associated with macbeth!
    When the hell is that mentioned?!You would think I would have picked up on something like that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

When the hell is that mentioned?!You would think I would have picked up on something like that....

Edward "cures...strangely visted people" and "sundry blessings hang about his throne".
    Malcolm talks about it during the scene with Macduff, I think. I don't have the book hear right now but I'm almost sure that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yup that King Edward is a one man Lourdes alright. He has the gift to cure people because god gave it to him > Divine right of kings and such. Which Macbeth himself does not have. Contrast Macbeths tyranny in Scotland, where he kills many as opposed to King Edwards virtuous reign in England where he cures people.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Again with the Kingship rumour! Why did this spread so much???

Advertisement