Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The checkpoints get really annoying when you fall down a good bit, but don't die and activate a checkpoint from much earlier in the level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

The crushers and balance poles bits drove me nuts.
    i almost snapped the pad trying to get through some of them. Utterly f*cking frustrating. Egypt has been the only level i havent thoroughly enjoyed so far, alot of really stupid problems, like one part where no matter what i just cant get lara to grapple hook this ring, its only a few feet away from her but every time i jump and shoot the grapple, it goes way over the hook, which is staring her directly in the face and i just hit the floor

Also really annoying is her refusal to target an enemy if there are any of those switches that you have to shoot nearby. Great game but it can be incredibly frustrating at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No, I am playing a PS2 copy that I purchased in Game.I dont have any "downloaded games".

Sorry for accusing you. Strange but many reviews complained about this but in the PS2 version I have there are plenty of checkpoints. :confused: Maybe there was a second batch with this fixed?

I don't think the platforming in this game is on the same level as prince of persia but it is good. Frustrating at times though as you say.

Got so pissed off with it, havent played it for 2 days now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Have just started this on the PC - looks absolutely gorgeous. Great soundtrack too.

I have only one minor but nonetheless annoying issue with the controls. Im using a PS2 controller and the left analogue stick is somehow configured to Pause the game when pressed, which inadvertantly happens a lot in frantic gun battles with beasties or big chasm jumps :/

Can't see an option to undo this? Anyone know how?

Edit:/ Crisis averted. Just assigned another action to it. Doh! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Got so pissed off with it, havent played it for 2 days now!

Heh, check gamefaqs as said before, prevents you getting into a grudge with the game and giving up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just bought this and I'm loving it....mostly.
    The really annoying controls are making it frustrating. Especially on St. Francis Folly. That level used to be so beautiful...now it's just a headache.

I am really irate by the controls...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Its amazing, finished it 10 days ago, loved it all

but yes,I agree swimmin is a bit bleh

Lara looks amazin!

My god these controls are annoying.
    **** sake, a remake is supposed to improve on this ****, not make it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

What kind of controller are you using?

I think the controlls work pretty well. I only have a minor issue with controlling the camera.

Not for me, the analogue stick is way too sensitive, you would go to jump in one direction and end up going miles off coarse. Then there's the walk button that won't stop you falling off edges. The camera is really annoying in conjunction with the over sensitive stick and the shooting controls are poxy.

Especially when you have the old style controls ingrained in your head.

Advertisement