Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frustration inc..

Options
  • 01-06-2007 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

bear with me lads.. it is music specific.. & there probably is a valuable studio lesson if you have to use earphones..

Bank holiday here so traffic to wexford is manic...decide to take the train to work.. ****in train breaks down, late for work, late finish .. train delayed on way back by 25 mins.. operational problems grrrr ( lads on piss probably ) .. spend 2 hours on a sweatbox sardine can, to the point you expect someone to get on with a few chickens & a few guys to climb on the roof.. Manage to sit on the floor , turn on the laptop & start edititing notes to track working on.. Finish that & decide to read the VST SDK & do some programming

Eventually arrive home at like 8:30pm having left house at 5:30am...

Music is pouring out of your skin, can't wait to get home & fire up the DAW.

Baby is already in bed when you get home so no speakers tonight, get the earphones out.. no 1/4 inch adaptor.. left em in work.. ok so I must have about 20 of them ...

search the studio room.... , boxes of wires, scart cables , amp leads , patch cablesetc..etc..in boxes in the attic.. every place you think you've ever looked. tear the ****ing place apart nearly waking the baby...

Get so frustrated you could smash the keyboard against the wall..

Ask the mrs, kids.. & explain.. calm but shaking :-) what a headphone adaptor is.. blank looks , big brother is on.. frustration doubles..

ask mrs again nicely..

as in 48k zx spectrum hobbit.. "you wait, time passes...."

mrs walks in , goes to the dish you already looked in like 3 times in the downstairs bits dish...

pulls out a headphone adaptor.. I don't ****ing believe it & without skipping a breath, calm as day says "here you are love" & goes back in to watch tv..

lesson there somewhere :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

blank looks , big brother is on.. frustration doubles..

lol, at least you got the adapter in the end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Lol!!! Brilliantly put op!!! I'm bloody always misplacing stuff like that!!! recks my head when I cant find something like that. Especially when my allen keys go missing when the g-string is flat is on my ESP and the fine tunners are tightened to the end - Rage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I honestly think that there is a pixie in very single studio that has the sole life occupation of hiding headphone adapters. Little b*st*rds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

the little bastards are playing mind games with me.. found 3 of em yesterday.. Thinking about getting a studio "safe"

Advertisement