Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wana unlock my n73

• 01-06-2007 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

3, (them shower of w******), have crap coverage in my area in the sticks, i confirmed this with a call today,
    yer man said it should be fixed by 3 months......

THREE MONTHS.

phfft

it keeps changing between 2.5/3g sometimes no coverage.
    i tried to unlock this on line but the imei was not recognised?

will 3 block the phone if i put an o2 sim into it i got?

also the usb modem wont work here?

how is it possible to pick up hsdpa on a v3xx back in february yet today 3 dude says, MR XXXX , i can confirm the usb modem will not work in yourarea, it is for hsdpa only.

hsdpa only?

THAT IS CORRECT MR XXXX .

*writes another letter to three......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

are you drunk? that post makes little sense

the n73 can only be unlocked by 3. if they don't give you the code you can't put your o2 sim in it. but to answer your question, if you were able to put an o2 sim in the phone 3 couldn't block it but you can't

"coverage will be available in 3 months" means "i want you to go away now" btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Dear legs, there is a thread about unlocking phones and is a sticky. Also, the n73 is a "bb5" phone. For all intents and purposes these cannot be unlocked and the network will need to give you the codes. Please tidy up your post, it really is written like that of a 13 year old and i can't understand the point your trying to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

I am sorry my grasp of the english language is not up to standards of ye scholars, but after a bit of googling i found some sites that unlocked n73's. yes, the ones that cannot be unlocked.

i have a 3 phone now which give me fluctuating coverage, or no coverage. dropped calls everything.

hard to understand?, unlocking this phone and putting in my 2 sim is obviously a no brainer in such a situation. i am looking for a new job and need a damn phone that works.

also the guy from 3 customer service, lets call him '3 dude' says the usb modem will not work in my area.
    after telling '3 dude' that motorola v3xx (spits out) worked and picked up hsdpa signals he said the usb modem will just receive hsdpa and not 2.5g.....

whatever that means.

"coverage will be available in 3 months" means "i want you to go away now" btw

what does this mean, in ENGLISH...?

i would love to go away from 3, shur i dont even have decent coverage now, its not just my area. obviously you live in a built up area but if you live in the middle of no where its a different story. even as far as listowel (which is still in the sticks but a bit more developed:rolleyes: ) the coverage is crap. so thats about 15 miles of a area with crap coverage, nice.

i like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

legs11 wrote:
    ...............but after a bit of googling i found some sites that unlocked n73's. yes, the ones that cannot be unlocked.....................

From 3 Ireland??? I dont think so!!! Links please?
    :D

• Advertisement

whisht wrote:
    From 3 Ireland??? I dont think so!!! Links please?
    :D
    i would also like to see these links

http://www.unlockitnow.com/Nokia/N73.php

google, its amazing...;)

They seem to be the only people in the world able to unlock them. Proceed with caution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

So what's the word legs? has it worked? I'd be interested to see if it does work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

legs11 wrote:
    it keeps changing between 2.5/3g sometimes no coverage.
    i tried to unlock this on line but the imei was not recognised?

Correct me if i am wrong but on a previous thread you stated that you put generic firmware on your n73. This should give you the option of selecting 3g or gsm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Unlocking Nokia N73 can be done using any method outlined below.

Below where? Can't see any options to unlock the phone.

' tried to unlock this on line but the imei was not recognised? '

as per my first post.

you can select unlock n73 by imei, but mine was not recognised, if you read my post right, or maybe you couldnt not understand my taint of english.

i have music firmware on mine, so no crashes etc. but i can only select
    dual mode on the network settings.

Advertisement