Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your study in these final day's

Options
  • 01-06-2007 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

So what does everybody's study regime consist of these day's?
    I usually get up at around 10 and study taking breaks throughout the day up until now where I am finished for today.
    Scary thing is I have spent most of the time studying maths out of boredom or procrastinating when feeling like crap.
    I am not exactly killing myself but.....there ya go!.
    Weird thing is I am not very stressed and can sleep fine despite the mammoth
    tasks ahead.
    Are people cramming like mad and getting 3 hours sleep?. I know a few mates taking this approach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Naikon wrote:
    Are people cramming like mad and getting 3 hours sleep?. I know a few mates taking this approach.

+1

I really should have done all of this work throughout the year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Naikon wrote:
    Nope, don't need to cram. I've been working consistently throughout the year, at this stage its just a case of sharpening up on the things I'm not clear on. Naturally I'm upping the hours of study per day a certain amount but I'm not going overboard by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Ouch. Good luck with Mechanics in English, Naikon....

And cramming ftw. No matter what idealistic "education experts" would like us to think, it's about at least 50% cramming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Yep, basically doing about 19 hour days, with an hour break. its my own fault for leaving it so late. not too worried tho, im surprisingly relaxed. i learn best by cramming, especially the night before. i find it so annoying that i can learn something like an irish essay off by heart and i can recite it backwards a few hours later but its gone out of my head within a day! il b cramming up to the last few minutes b4 the exam starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Ouch. Good luck with Mechanics in English, Naikon....

And cramming ftw. No matter what idealistic "education experts" would like us to think, it's about at least 50% cramming.

Tell me about it:D
    Dont know about everybody else, but I am knackered lately, I thought I would have an almost endless supply of energy at this time of year:D

I now have to face in for English till about 2/3 A.M:(
    Note to next years LC students.....dont leave everything to the last few weeks/days.

• Advertisement

blondie07 wrote:
    Yep, basically doing about 19 hour days, with an hour break. its my own fault for leaving it so late. not too worried tho, im surprisingly relaxed. i learn best by cramming, especially the night before. i find it so annoying that i can learn something like an irish essay off by heart and i can recite it backwards a few hours later but its gone out of my head within a day! il b cramming up to the last few minutes b4 the exam starts!

Emotions speak more than words....:eek:
    Dont burn yourself out though, or else it will hit you during the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Ok well i'm almost there.I have the business course completely finished (will do a quick revision of the entire course tomorrow, next Saturday and of course the day before the exam).I have the history course....90% finished (****ing Irish history.Why must you slip through my mind like sand through a sieve?!?!Am planning on doing quick revision of entire course tomorrow as well).

In maths....well I've crammed everything on paper 1 except differentiation....may do some work on that on Sunday.Ok English.....well I really started today and have my 2 main poets covered (Plath and Kavanagh), all the important quotes from Act 1 of Macbeth done (as well as essay plans for theme of Kingship and Macbeth and Lady Macbeth's characters) and I've done an essay plan for theme and issue, and cultural context for my comparitive texts (I've also taking quotes from the texts to back up a good.......80% of what I'm going to talk about.Why the **** is the writing in Silas Marner so small?It took me like 30 minutes to scan through the book to find the ****ing quote I wanted!!!****ing George Elliot).

Meh.For German I'm just doing past papers.Without the dictionary and within 30 minutes I usually manage to get 80%+ on the 2nd leseverstandnis.....and about 60%+ on the first.I hate question 4 when they ask stupid questions like give examples of how the author creates a sense of belonging.....I mean what the ****?My german isn't good enough for that.I find the letters easy enough too, but I have a slight bit of trouble on the Ausserung Zum Thema, and the grammer bit (unless I get the bit where you have to say wether its singular or plural, and then give its case and gender.I find them OK I guess.But the question word sections......Uh).

Oh and Economics.......well nothing done on this so far.But I know the answers to every short question that has ever come up in the exam since 1991 (bar about 8) and I could answer any question on Perfect competition or Labour you would care to throw at me, as well as many, many other things.Basically i'm just going to cram the entire course in the 4 days I have free before the exam, but really economics isn't a problem at all.Hell I could probably cram the entire course in a day because I know all the stuff already (wish I could say that for all my other subjects).If I didn't have economics though, i'd be pretty ****ed.

*Hugs economic notes*

blondie07 wrote:
    19 hours???? Sweet Jesus.....

And I thought I was good for doing 5*....

*varies depending on the day and how distractd I get, since I don't actually count the amount of hours I don't know. It could be 6/7 some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I'm way off target at the moment..

Need to make up serious time, looking at 8/9 hours tomorrow and again on Sunday. Then it is Monday and Tuesday which will be spent doing my entire English study.. Which will need probably 10 hours work overall.

Next 2 days are crucial though, will be up at 8am tomorrow and working from 9 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Note to next years LC students.....dont leave everything to the last few weeks/days

Duly noted;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Lets face it.......were all screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Getting up at 10 and going to bed at 11. Not killing myself, watching a bit of TV in breaks...reading a bit in breaks..

Don't feel the need to go without sleep and end up wrecked on Wednesday and unable to concentrate or think.

Drinking plenty of water. That said, frantic cramming all the same. Think I might just get everything re-covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Get up rond half 8 or 9, start at half 9. Study until half 2 with one, maybe two very small breaks in between. Half 2 till half 3, in goes the pizza, on goes the tv/dvd whatever. Hlaf 3 till 6, more study. So that comes up to 7.5 hrs everyday. Anytime after 6, I may just do a small bit of Maths just to keep it going, but thats about it.

Today is the only exception. Still have done quite a bit, will do quite a bit more. Only gonna be in my house for about 4 hrs. of daytime over the next two days, so have to do it all now. Then Tuesday it'll just be floating around, waiting for it to start, writing down some ideas. Its all planned.

Patricide wrote:
    Lets face it.......were all screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)
    Given the nature of the points system, that's impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I did the Leaving last year. It's not as bad as you all think and it's actually quite easy to pick up points. You might surprise yourselves in some subjects! (In a good way)

Average-Ro wrote:
    I did the Leaving last year. It's not as bad as you all think and it's actually quite easy to pick up points. You might surprise yourselves in some subjects! (In a good way)
    We don't all think it's that bad.

In fact, it's only a minority on here who are seriously stressing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Im looking forward to the exams starting so I can see everyone again. Since the mocks Ive worked a lot so know how Im doing in each subject, and Im so happy with how my revision has gone. Can't wait to finish (17days)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Naikon So what does everybody's study regime consist of these day's?

With regard to your English exam anyway, your study regime should focus on apostrophes :P

Well a few "slips of the hand" is hardly going to affect the result by much.
    Besides I was tired writing that earlier on, so it wont really be an issue next Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'd get up around 10/11, start studying at 12 and go on for the rest of the day with 45 minute sessions finishing up at 9/9.30pm. I usually knackered by that stage (I've been sleeping really **** the last week) and find there's no point studying when tired so I watch a bit of telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

JC 2K3 wrote:
    19 hours???? Sweet Jesus.....

And I thought I was good for doing 5*....

*varies depending on the day and how distractd I get, since I don't actually count the amount of hours I don't know. It could be 6/7 some days.
    Yeah, I've been doing about the same, havent really killed myself tbh. Its important that you remain fresh for the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Marshy wrote:
    Yeah, I've been doing about the same, havent really killed myself tbh. Its important that you remain fresh for the exams.

how do ye get study done while most of ye inc me r on boards the whole tme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Marshy wrote:
    Same, about 5 or 6 hours is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

The whole time might be slightly hyperbolic

how do ye get study done while most of ye inc me r on boards the whole tme
    Meh, it's like study for a while, go on the internet for a while, study again, internet, study, internet, bed.

I might disconnect my PC and put it away somewhere tonight though.

It is distracting me more than it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Marshy wrote:
    The whole time might be slightly hyperbolic

I'd be inclined to agree; surely the amount of material you cover is more important that the time you spend?

I'd be inclined to agree; surely the amount of material you cover is more important that the time you spend?
    Yup.

It pisses me off people who are saying stuff like, "OMG The Leaving is like sooooo stressful and you have to study sooooo much and when you're not studying you feel soooo guilty!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I do approximately five/six hours work a day for now. Up at 12 then working until about 9 with plenty of tv in the middle.
    Not the most productive work method....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Absolutely. It annoys me when study turns into a pissing contest.
    'I'm doing 8 hours of study a day.'
    'Oh yeah? Well I'm doing 15 hours so stick that in your pipe and smoke it bitch. Im like sooooo gonna beat your ass on results day'

ffs, so long as your learning the stuff and feel well prepared what difference does it make how many hours you spend studying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Meh, it's like study for a while, go on the internet for a while, study again, internet, study, internet, bed.

I might disconnect my PC and put it away somewhere tonight though.

It is distracting me more than it should.

You'll never last! You're on it as often as I am :eek:

Advertisement