Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of holiday

Options
  • 01-06-2007 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I have booked (and paid for in full) a holiday for the 23rd till the 30th June. unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I dont think I will be able to travel during this period. What are my rights with regard to the holiday. Is it possible for me to transfer the two names on the booking to two other names?? I accept that I would have to pay some administration charge for this of course but can I actually do this??

I want to know what I can and cant expect before I contact the travel agent involved (Stein Travel)

Any help on this is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

You have bought something and now want to change it. You have no rights as such. All you can do is ring Stein and speak nicely and ask what options you have. They may allow you to cancel but with it being so close, they probably wont. They may allow you to pass it onto someone else for a fee. You are pretty much at the mercy of Stein Travel. On the other hand, if you have travel insurance and a doctor certified you unfit to travel, you may have get some sort of a refund from that.

It is not their fault you cannot go. Speak nicely to them and see what happens.....

Then let us know on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't be shocked if they charge you extra for changing the booking either.

Advertisement