Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling Companion for Thailand and Austrailia?

• 01-06-2007 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm 26 year old female, thinking of just packing everything in and heading to Thailand and then Australia for a while...

Anyone in a similar situation and want to join up for a few months...

Missed the boat when everyone else was leaving.

If anyone knows any good sites for travelling companions to meet up, that would be great too!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Just do it anyway - you'll meet more people than you can keep track of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 botvot

Both are great places!

There is a website: Travellerspoint.com, which you can check out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moving to Youth & Student Travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

That's a shame, I was going to do the same thing but couldnt find a travel buddy. Pity I didnt know about this site. Anyhow, I would advise you to do it alone, you'll meet many new people & have a great time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm heading over to Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam on my own in late July for at least 2 months and if all goes well might stretch it out until December.

Go for it OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fioreilly82

hey there are you still thinking of travelling to Oz??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Glowing wrote: »
    Just do it anyway - you'll meet more people than you can keep track of!

I second that, solo travel is a brilliant experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fioreilly82

hey there strokes fan,

are you still thinking of travelling to Oz and Thailand, I'm thinking of going myself and would like a travel buddy??

cheers
    fiona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

hey there!

I just booked my flights last saturday :) Will be in NZ/OZ around april/may and thailand in june/july (after being in S.America first). I'm at 25yr old guy travelling by himself.

If ye guys wanna catch up for a couple of weeks somewheres gimme a shout :) My sister is in sydney so will have a bit of a base there. I'm thinking of checking out Brisbane (& fraser island), darwin and cairns along with queenstown (adventure sports capital!) and christchurch in NZ.

Whats yer plans?

Advertisement