Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome pm

Options
  • 01-06-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

When people register can't they be sent a welcome pm because i've noticed i lot of unused accounts and if they get a welcome pm then they might read that and feel they've got noticed and begin to use boards instead of just being a unuse account
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Oman wrote:
    When people register can't they be sent a welcome pm because i've noticed i lot of unused accounts and if they get a welcome pm then they might read that and feel they've got noticed and begin to use boards instead of just being a unuse account

Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I can't stand those automated first messages you get when you sign up for accounts. I think great a message already. Then I read it and it's just some welcome to x y z rubbish. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sure, why not if it's short and kinda says Newbies forum is here, read charters, think before you post and be good to other posters.
    You get the gist.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's been a long time since I signed up to boards.ie; what happens when you sign up these days?

A mail with a link to the newbie forum, general rules and beaurocracy might be handy.

Boards.ie is huge these days; must be quite daunting for newer users.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i think its a good idea. Boards.ie can be a scary patronising place for newbies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

vB 3.6.* standard feature

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah everytime I register a new account to get around bans I always think something is missing ... this might be it!

Oh relax, I'm just kidding!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

just for you 6th... ;)
    tumbleweed.sized.jpeg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I agreed with what CuLT said, its a big big place

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Cheers faceman, us June '05 registries need to stick together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

faceman wrote:
    just for you 6th... ;)
    tumbleweed.sized.jpeg

What no captions? or cats for that matter.

Hobbes wrote:
    What no captions? or cats for that matter.

I'm sure ceiling cat is around there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

sure a welcome message is a good place, especially since it can include useful links, etc for the completely lost newbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

homah_7ft wrote:
    I can't stand those automated first messages you get when you sign up for accounts. I think great a message already. Then I read it and it's just some welcome to x y z rubbish. No thanks.

em, you already have an account :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wilco in 3.6

DeV.

Advertisement