Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magazines365

Options
  • 02-06-2007 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate advice on this one.

I ordered a magazine subscription in december last year for my brother and he still hasn't received the first issue of the magazine.

Company won't return my calls or answer emails. The phone number on the website is never answered just goes to answering machine.

I spoke to the owner of the company several weeks ago and he thought he'd resolved the issue with the magazine, but still no magazines through the letterbox.

Customer service is dreadful. Even pmd the company's sales manager who had been here on boards before, but no response.

I'm about 50 euros down and I can't even get a refund.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

If you paid by credit card request a refund from the CC company and they will deduct it from magazines 365.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

Call into them:

Magazines365.com
    Genoa House
    1 Drummartin Road
    Dublin 14
    Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I think there's little chance of anyone being there if I call in.

Will get on to credit card company I think.

Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

For a chargeback the credit card company will request that you've done everything within your power to remedy the situation first - at least this is the crap I got :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

ciaranfo wrote:
    For a chargeback the credit card company will request that you've done everything within your power to remedy the situation first - at least this is the crap I got :(

I think the OP *has* done everything he can at this stage. His card issuer will have no problem doing a chargeback at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Wasn't there a similar thread about this company a few months ago? Might be in the archives somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I'll have a search. Thanks MOH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

You can't dispute the transaction with the credit card company when paying by credit card if you provided the 3 digit CVC number on the back of the card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Slice wrote:
    You can't dispute the transaction with the credit card company when paying by credit card if you provided the 3 digit CVC number on the back of the card.

Of course you can. One of the protections given to you by paying for credit card is protection against not receiving the goods. I think that fits the OPs situation perfectly. He wasn't saying it was a fraudulent transaction. He's saying the other party didn't send the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Slice wrote:

Utter rubbish. Maybe if you were claiming your card number had been stolen over the internet, but in this case the OP bought the product but never received it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I stand corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TimP

I bought a subscription on 21st April. The magazine was not delivered.
    I sent an email: no response.
    I emailed again: no response.
    I called and left a messag on the voicemail: no response.
    I called again and left a message: no response.
    I faxed a letter: I got an email promising a response "in 24hours".
    I called and left a message on the voicemail: no response.
    I faxed a letter again: no response.
    I called the publisher and they eventually passed me onto another publisher (IPC).
    I emailed IPC and they chased Magazines365.
    I got a response from Brian Pauley saying I would get a refund straight away: it didn't come.
    IPC chased Brian Pauley.
    10th August, a credit hit my bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

TimP wrote:
    I bought a subscription on 21st April. The magazine was not delivered.
    I sent an email: no response.
    I called and left a messag on the voicemail: no response.
    I called again and left a message: no response.
    I faxed a letter: I got an email promising a response "in 24hours".
    I called and left a message on the voicemail: no response.
    I faxed a letter again: no response.
    I called the publisher and they eventually passed me onto another publisher (IPC).
    I emailed IPC and they chased Magazines365.
    I got a response from Brian Pauley saying I would get a refund straight away: it didn't come.
    IPC chased Brian Pauley.
    10th August, a credit hit my bank account.

I had a similar experience last year with this supplier of FourFourTwo. In my case they gave me my money back and offered me a years free subscription. The magazine would be in the shops for 2-3 weeks before it would arrive in the post each time. It was free so I wasnt bothered but if I was paying for it I'd have been disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Thanks for that Info TimP, I've been chasing them since i placed an order back in april as well. Will try to contact IPC and see if I can get some satisfaction that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mally

Sorry about digging up an old post but I've been searching for a UK Magazine called Move to the Country. I done a search for it on Magazine Subscription and it doesn't have it. It goes to a page requesting the publisher to add details ( Move to the Country Magazine ).

Having done a search on google for it, it appears it was published by Ace Publications and the magazine website was http://www.movetothecountry.net however that website now gets forwarded to a grow your own veg magazine website.

So from all my digging it looks like this magazine is no longer available!

HOWEVER!! a further search on google brought up this magazine with Magazines365 !! At http://www.magazines365.com/home-gar...o-the-country/

If you look at the magazine cover, its dated as JULY 2007 !!! Its nearly 1 year out of date.

MoveCountry.jpg

I thought that was strange, how it suddenly existed on one website and not the other so I done a search on magazines 365 and found this post!

Is this another case where there listing magazines that are not available?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Not really, the publishers probably didn't notify Magazines365 that they stopped publication, hence the picture is still there. Publishers are supposed to update their new issue covers, but rarely do (look at all the magazine covers on the site).

Your search just hooked up with a google adword advertisment or something.

I used to work for them 2 years ago or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Renny Barrett

I have a similar tale of woe, but got a cheque from the Sheriff's office this week, having pursued Magazines365 through the small claims court. It took a while but more or less all parts of the claim could be done online, so I'd encourage other dissatisified customers to try a similar approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Renny Barrett Posting in one thread is sufficient. There is no need to resurrect multiple old threads.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Renny Barrett

dudara wrote: »
    Renny Barrett Posting in one thread is sufficient. There is no need to resurrect multiple old threads.

dudara

Sorry for the faux pas. Just wanted to ensure that anyone searching for Magazines365 got the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

This company being discussed on liveline today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

My god, they are getting slated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Brian from 365 is really coming off terribly!doubt they'll recover from this.good enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just listening to this now, unbelievable, he's just talking around each and every complaint. "It get's lost in the system", seemed to be the only response he could come up with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ah another company offering great customer service :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Was listening to this show today aswell, jaysus this brian pauly guy is some spoofer. A guy rang up after they had finished talking about the magazines claiming he was owed 2500 from this guy from a while back aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Jeez... just listened to the Liveline show.

We developed this site (paid for) and another for him which we never got paid for.

Unsurprisingly he went missing off the face of the planet.

I wonder what he's up to now....

He obviously wasn't answering the phones because he owed so many people so many people!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

tomED Please do not drag up old threads.

Thread locked as it is well out of date.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement