Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300 - can't transfer microSD content

• 02-06-2007 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty p'd off.......having bought what is a great phone, Nokia's ****ty DRM is preventing me from doing a one-off transfer of some of the content on their original (measly) 128Mb card to my new 2Gb one! :mad:

I have no interest in copying the content; I just want to be able to use it in my phone, and still have space for the music and photos that the 6300 is capable of......

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

First off, what are you trying to copy? images, videos and/or audio?

And have you tried putting the microSD card into a card reader and copying the files that way?

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

was reading the review for this mobi on gsmarena. and reviewer mentioned transfering data to the msd card. you have to put the file types in the relevant folders otherwise they will not appear in the gallery. not to sure if this helps you? but thought id mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ok this is what i had to do with my nokia. first clear up the phone memory.then put in the 128 card and move as much files as you can fit on tp the phone memory. then put int eh 2gb card and move them files on to the memory card and keep doing that until there all moved. this may take a while and it won't work on the very big files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Oman wrote:
    ok this is what i had to do with my nokia. first clear up the phone memory.then put in the 128 card and move as much files as you can fit on tp the phone memory. then put int eh 2gb card and move them files on to the memory card and keep doing that until there all moved. this may take a while and it won't work on the very big files

Yup, Oman is spot-on.....managed to do it after posting last night, but it was a REAL pain in the ass.

The card reader will not allow access to the "protected" content, and even Nokia's software doesn't back it up.

The only thing you can do is the painfully slow and annoying process of not "copying" anything; you have to move each protected file off the existing SD card onto the phone, swap cards, and then move it back, creating the same folder names, etc in the process; since the phone memory is limited, you have to keep on moving and swapping for quite a while.

Yeah, I can appreciate that moving it means you've never copied it, but it's an obnoxious amount of work for a legitimate action. DRM is a complete and utter curse! :mad:

Advertisement