Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

makeup bag lost ;[

• 02-06-2007 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

graduated the other night make up bag misplaced or stolen i'm not quite sure but it's gone anyway.

so i'm bulding back up my collection and thought i'd try a new foundation
    i was looking at the mac studio fix and quite like the colours available but i like a bit of coverage and am just wondering will that do
    and advice on a good foundation that has a bit of coverage and lasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Hmmm... IMO, I'm not very fond of MAC foundations, there are better ones out there. Mac studiofix is heavy looking. NARS do lovely ones, natural with good pigmentation. Armani foundations are okay, depends on your skin. Bobbi Brown do lovely foundations, also quite natural looking. But I suppose it depends on what way you want to look- do you prefer a natural foundation or heavy plastered foundation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

poor you, on loosing your make-up bag!!

i'm a big fan of estee lauder foundation but it can be a bit heavy and difficult to get off, I still love it though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

is that the double wear one?
    i heard it's got great coverage which is something i'd be looking for

Hmmm... IMO, I'm not very fond of MAC foundations, there are better ones out there. Mac studiofix is heavy looking. NARS do lovely ones, natural with good pigmentation. Armani foundations are okay, depends on your skin. Bobbi Brown do lovely foundations, also quite natural looking. But I suppose it depends on what way you want to look- do you prefer a natural foundation or heavy plastered foundation?
    i like to look as natural as possible but i really dont want a very watery.

i mean natural in colour and texture but nice and thick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear and I really really like it. Very good coverage. It is a little heavy so I'm very careful applying it. But it does last all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

I love the Prescriptives one - they match it to your skin tone. Clinique have never let me down either...

artnotort wrote:
    is that the double wear one?
    i heard it's got great coverage which is something i'd be looking for

yea thats the one!

it's kinda pricey as far as i remember but welll worth it!!

I actually need to buy some new foundation myself, does anyone have any idea how much that one is??

I love the Prescriptives one - they match it to your skin tone. Clinique have never let me down either...

i heard good things about the Prescriptives one as well, never tried it myself though!

dudara wrote:
    I just bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear and I really really like it. Very good coverage. It is a little heavy so I'm very careful applying it. But it does last all day.
    i think i'll go with this then
    any idea of the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

artnotort wrote:
    i think i'll go with this then
    any idea of the price?

About 33euro or that depending where you buy it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

you have to get nars oil free foundation...its brilliant!!:D

I've tried mac,chanel,pout,benefit...but once I tried the nars I've stuck with it since. Its expensive enough(44eur) but soooo worth it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

OMG OP I can't tell you how sorry I am for you, it is a devestating this to happen. My bag was robbed a number of years ago and I lost ALL my make up, it cost hundreds to replace and I can honestly say I grieved for it.:( You poor thing!!! I love Armani Hydra Glow, goes on beautifully and not too heavy either. My sympathies!!! (Although you'll have lots of fun shopping to replace everything which is a consolation!!!):)

Miss Fluff wrote:
    OMG OP I can't tell you how sorry I am for you, it is a devestating this to happen. My bag was robbed a number of years ago and I lost ALL my make up, it cost hundreds to replace and I can honestly say I grieved for it.:( You poor thing!!! I love Armani Hydra Glow, goes on beautifully and not too heavy either. My sympathies!!! (Although you'll have lots of fun shopping to replace everything which is a consolation!!!):)
    i was pretty upset.
    my lovely mac makeup bag is someone else's possession

it's not very nice at all ;[

About 33euro or that depending where you buy it

i got it yesterday, it's 32.50 in Boots!! Not too bad at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I buy huge 200ml tubs of Estee Lauder Double Wear. You can get them on ebay. You then squeeze the foundation from the tub into your empty bottle to refill when necessary. It's the equivalent of 6 bottles but vastly cheaper!

thats an amazingly good plan!!

i think i might just do that when this bottle is running a bit low!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Would the contents of a bottle that big not go off though?

i dunno if it'd go off, i doubt it!

It'd probably separate a bit, nothing a good shake won't fix though!!

I can't remember exactly how long mine lasted for, but if you use it every day it doesn't go off in the time it takes to use it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Any of ye think the cheap (er) foundations are any good? I use ones by L'Oreal and think they're okay but I have bad acne scars from when I was younger and still haven't found one that I think give good enough coverage...

Anyone have any advice on any of the cheaper brands like L'Oreal, Rimmel etc that give really good coverage for my kind of skin?

And OP, that's horrible losing your make up bag....boys don't understand what a loss it is!! :)

• Advertisement

MayMay wrote:
    Any of ye think the cheap (er) foundations are any good? I use ones by L'Oreal and think they're okay but I have bad acne scars from when I was younger and still haven't found one that I think give good enough coverage...

Anyone have any advice on any of the cheaper brands like L'Oreal, Rimmel etc that give really good coverage for my kind of skin?

And OP, that's horrible losing your make up bag....boys don't understand what a loss it is!! :)
    i used to use a maybeline one that was excellent but it has been discontinued so i've decided to splash out.

it was this
    http://www.maybelline.co.uk/products/face/l29l51l52l223l226.htm

under a tenner
    looks good in the lighter shades.
    if you find it you'll love it i'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Thanks artnotort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Hi Artornot,

You're a girl after my own own heart, big into all the MAC products. I swear by their bronzer, blushes and eyeshadows. Having used 4 types of their foundations, I found they're all too heavy. I used Studiotech, Studiofix, Full Coverage and a liquid one with SPF 15 in it- can'y remember the name. I'd steer as clear as possible from MAC foundation if you want decent coverage- presumably you have a few spots or blemishes you want to hide, and MAC does provide good coverage, but is so heavy it will clog your pores, aggravate the sebaceous glands and make your skin even more oily, producing more spots. I had the same problem myself.

Whilst makeup shopping on a budget one day, I decided to try Rimmel's Recover foundation, expecting it to be as bad as all foundations I've tried from highstreet brands before. I was pleasantly suprised. It's not a very heavy foundation, but provides lovely coverage, colour and texture. Works wonderfully with Rimmel's classic stick concealer and a wee bit of any powder. I'd recommend it to anybody- and it costs under €10.

Have fun browsing!

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Hi Artornot,

You're a girl after my own own heart, big into all the MAC products. I swear by their bronzer, blushes and eyeshadows. Having used 4 types of their foundations, I found they're all too heavy. I used Studiotech, Studiofix, Full Coverage and a liquid one with SPF 15 in it- can'y remember the name. I'd steer as clear as possible from MAC foundation if you want decent coverage- presumably you have a few spots or blemishes you want to hide, and MAC does provide good coverage, but is so heavy it will clog your pores, aggravate the sebaceous glands and make your skin even more oily, producing more spots. I had the same problem myself.

Whilst makeup shopping on a budget one day, I decided to try Rimmel's Recover foundation, expecting it to be as bad as all foundations I've tried from highstreet brands before. I was pleasantly suprised. It's not a very heavy foundation, but provides lovely coverage, colour and texture. Works wonderfully with Rimmel's classic stick concealer and a wee bit of any powder. I'd recommend it to anybody- and it costs under €10.

Have fun browsing!

sure for a tenner it's worth a shot despite having bought a foundation in brown thomas last week lol

i do love mac though ;[

I find MAC better for colour than for basics.
    I don't use their mascara or their foundation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anyone know off hand any Nars stockists in the city centre??

xzanti wrote:
    Anyone know off hand any Nars stockists in the city centre??

Brown Thomas.

Pythia wrote:
    I find MAC better for colour than for basics.
    I don't use their mascara or their foundation.
    oh definitely. the range of coloursa available in both eyeshadow and blusher is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

MayMay wrote:

Recently tried Boots "No.7" Intelligent Colour Foundation, about 18euro. Goes on like a dream, gives basic coverage. Comes in 3 shades: light, med & dark !
    Great for daywear, when you want something 'simple' !

• Advertisement

Minfadlek wrote:
    Recently tried Boots "No.7" Intelligent Colour Foundation, about 18euro. Goes on like a dream, gives basic coverage. Comes in 3 shades: light, med & dark !
    Great for daywear, when you want something 'simple' !
    yeah my mam uses that it feels really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

hi ya!!

I have to say im a "tester". I never stick to one kind of make up, if i run out of mascara ill but a different brand, etc, etc. also i love my expensive make up, benifit, Dior.

But one think thats really good and i will be sticking to is that Maybelliene mousse foundation. its so light, smooth and doesnt show dry skin spots.

Maybe use that with a tinted moisturiser under it. HIGHLY recommended

If anyone's interested in trying the Rimmel 'Cool Matte Mousse' foundation, you can get a voucher for e5 off it here, you just have to register your details. It says you might be able to get a free one but I tried and it says they're all gone now. www.rimmellondon.ie - might help someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Where can you get NARS in Cork actually..?
    I wouldn't reccommend MAC tbh.. And did anyone know the MAC and GOSH are in fact made by the same company only GOSH is the high street version? Yep!
    I would reccommend a Clinique maybe..
    And that sucks about your makeup bag:(

Advertisement