Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Breeze thoughts/opinions?

Options
  • 02-06-2007 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I've decided to ditch my landlane and traditional phone for good

Looking through the various wireless options IBB Breeze 2mb package looks the best bet esp when put against digiwebs Homewave offerings.

Anyone here got Breeze history, if so what was the installational process like and is it reliable?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump! Anyone at all?!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ive got ibb breeze now for about a year.. ordered it and it was installed after a few weeks, free installation, everything was fine, only thing was they slung the wire accross the tiles on the roof and in through a downstairs room but there was nothing else they could do really, Ive had no major problems with the service, in fact Im pretty happy with it, 3mb connection and 99% of the time I get 2.9Mbps, downloading from a good site I get over 350kbps no problems,
    Its perfect for gaming too, no latency problems at all, playing bf2 last night with a ping of 25ms to a uk server, Im very happy I went for the service because being over 5km from the local phone exchange and pretty dodgy internal wiring any dsl I could have gotten would have been pretty useless,
    So yea overall Im pretty happy with it, I also have no problems with webcam conversations or talk over msn, Ive never really tried skype too much though but I assume it would be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thnaks for that, so they send a man round, which means scheduling a day.
    and in through a downstairs room

Well I can drill a hole in the window frame!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I have breeze for nearly 3 yrs now. I started on the 1Mb(€48.40pm) connection, then they upgraded me to 2Mb (same cost as 1Mb), then I was upgraded to 3Mb(paying €48.40pm). So for 3x times my original speed, the cost never changed.

It has had its up's and down's, but on the whole I am happy. Installation went pretty smooth and i asked the installers to fish the cable down a chimney into my room...I even had chimney rods ready for them.

Recently I was put onto another base station after i experienced crap service. As a result, it's flyin' now. Download speeds are between 250-300KBps.

Advertisement