Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

doe/nct

Options
  • 02-06-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭

hey all

I work for a charity in Dublin well known, anyhow we have 2 Citroen berlingo multispaces, that we use for work purposes, carrying homeless people etc. both have seats in the back and went through a doe last year for tax purposes as they are both insured commercially and as light good vehicles. anyway yesterday I went to bring the vehicles to get their doe to renew the tax and the company wouldn't doe them, they said they should be nct'd, however last year they passed the doe no problems. but afaik the nct won't test commercial vehicles. does anyone know what my next step is to get the tax on these
    ? sorry if this confuses people because it's confusing me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Stuff changes. :)

DOE Testers wll no longer test vehicles unless the comply with certain criteria (e.g. no seats behind the driver, unless it's a crew-cab (and that has it's own restrictions).

I believe charities can avail of preferential tax rates, however - you should enquire with your local motor tax office.

Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭patrickc

i will be doing that on Tuesday thanks Tommy, I was just wondering had anyone similar experiences and how to go about it all..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭patrickc

any1 else know what way to do this have to sort it Tuesday and is annoying me

Advertisement