Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My first wee set of penalty points

Options
  • 02-06-2007 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Right heres the story got the new insurance quote in the post Thursday 340Euro Happy out. Last night driving up from Waterford to Dublin got pulled for 94 in a 60 and a bit of a telling off because aparently they had to put the siren on as I sped up when I saw them :eek: Anyway she tells me Im getting an 80euro fine and 2 wee points . Just wondering is this goina affect my insurance much ? My insurance is up the 24th of June and I may have the points by then and even if I dont just for next year wondering is this goina affect much and also how long do these ****ing yokes stay on the license?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, 2 points should not affect your insurance. You get to keep them for 3 years. You probably won't actually get the points for several months.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

no you wont have the points before your next renewal is up and 2 penalty points dont affect your insurance with most insurance companies anyway

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Only Hibernian and their resellers can access the points database. Most others therefore don't ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

kbannon wrote:
    Only Hibernian and their resellers can access the points database. Most others therefore don't ask.

but can these 'others' who don't participate in the points scheme catch you out for non declaration of points in the small print on their policies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

pulled for 94 in a 60

Is that kph or mph? Either way poor show.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You should tell your insurance company. As posted 2 points will not affect it. When I got mine I told the company at renewal, once I had negotiated a bit more of a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Rofl, 94 in a 60 zone is quiet a good number. Tis that bad it is nearly something you could brag about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hmmm...that reminds me, my 2 points are a year old today. No affect on my insurance what so ever. Told the broker at the renewal time and she just told me I was a naughty boy.:D With the change from Allianz to Sertus along with my points I saved over €200.

Birthday cake anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

mike65 wrote:
    Is that kph or mph? Either way poor show.

Mike.

Did I not read somewhere a few years ago that if you're caught exceeding the limit by 30 mph, its an automatic court appearance ?

Is there a new limit for an automatic appearance now that we're using kph ?

Or did I dream that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

That's like driving around the city centre at 60mph. (In the eyes of the law). Wouldn't fancy that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

tHATs kilometres and the road I got done on dont know if any of ye know it but its along by the ferrycarrig hotel in Wexford good bit of road youd be hard pushed to keep a car to 60 on there. Ah ya the ban garda wasnt best pleased gave me a wee telling off alright , I never knew you got a fine witht the points ah well these things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,364 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ciarsd wrote:
    but can these 'others' who don't participate in the points scheme catch you out for non declaration of points in the small print on their policies?
    They won't be happy if you have 6-8 points and don't tell them. It may also void the comprehensive part of your policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Victor wrote:
    They won't be happy if you have 6-8 points and don't tell them. It may also void the comprehensive part of your policy.

Hibernian is fine if you tell them 8 points.The insurance goes up a very little bit approx 250-300 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Your points dont take effect until you get a letter in the post .. stating that you have points..

so.. until you get that letter.. you dont officially have points

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just tell the insurance if you get points, 2 don't matter a sh1te (All the cool kids have 2 points anyhow)... Best to be safe *just incase* you ever do need to claim off your policy and they start asking questions. Don't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

drdre wrote:
    Hibernian is fine if you tell them 8 points.The insurance goes up a very little bit approx 250-300 euro.

Hardly very little.. that's 1/3 of the cost of my fully comp. premium

Advertisement