Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone Broadband

Options
  • 02-06-2007 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭

Well it seems after years of calls etc my town of Hospital can finally get some sort of decent broadband service, up until last week our only choice was satellite which I would not get.Then got a letter from a group called zone broadband who can offer me wireless broadband with 1mb for €39 and 2mb for €59 fair enoufh a lot cheaper than satellite

But from my experience once a wireless company moves to a area thats when eircom finally gets off their asses and upgrades the exchange becuase they have competition. So how long do you think it will be before my exchange is upgraded as there on that list to have broadband by the end of the year but i was told we would have broadband from them in 2004 so I dont exactly believe everything they say

also does anyone know anything about this zone broadband and if there any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Sorry to burst your bubble Mitchell, its wireless, with 2 way sat backhaul, worse than useless

jbkenn

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Hey
    I'm in the same situation as you and many others but i did get satellite "broadband" some yrs ago. What im not going to do here is go on and on but just take it from me when i say to stay away from zone broadband or fastnet as the go by also in the republic. If you want something better than the dialup network go for skydsl or something like that.
    But do yourself a big big favor and stay away from this company who trade under both names cos they are at best well dodgy and at worst.. well as i said im not going to go on and on but they are bad, no in fact the worst in the country.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well I must say this is dissapointing news, they quoted wireless a lot and I got my hopes up but I would find it amazing how someone could offer 2mb satellite for €59 usually its very expensive,
    Well I guess I'll be waiting a while longer
    got your pm jbkenn will be in contact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Aye we had post in the door from these boys aswell a few weeks back. The only thing it did for me was to make me look again for broadband in my area of any flavour. And yet again I'm left addled.

ADDLED!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

1huge1 wrote:
    Well I must say this is dissapointing news, they quoted wireless a lot and I got my hopes up but I would find it amazing how someone could offer 2mb satellite for €59 usually its very expensive,
    Well I guess I'll be waiting a while longer
    got your pm jbkenn will be in contact
    Why not go for Vodafone 3G, as the area has full coverage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement