Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign workers for building

Options
  • 02-06-2007 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Has anyone local got any experience or contact details for any polish builders for block work and stone work. I have heard alot of good reports on work, price etc.

Prefer to give some of these guys a job rather than be robbed by a cowboy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yes, because obviously all native Irish workers in the building trade are a bunch of ne'er-do-well, workshy rip-off merchants who are only interested in drinking tea and relieving you of your hard-earned wad as quickly as possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Wertz wrote:
    Yes, because obviously all native Irish workers in the building trade are a bunch of ne'er-do-well, workshy rip-off merchants who are only interested in drinking tea and relieving you of your hard-earned wad as quickly as possible...

indeed and alot of foreign workers are out for a quick buck too, have heard of alot involved in scams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BTW on topic, I did happen to see a bunch of Polish or Lithuanian stone masons on a job I was working at recently. AFAIK they were based in castleblayney, and they were turning out quality work in what seemed a short period of time....however, when the boss showed up, he was some young Irish guy and I'd probably be safe in assuming that he's the one who does the pricing and pays the wages, so I can't see him being that much cheaper than if he had a bunch of Irish lads working for him and if he was, I doubt very much he'd be passing too much of the cost onto the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Might I just remind people that if anyone has any contact details for Dundalk Daily here, you should PM them to him and not put names, phone numbers or addresses up in this thread. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

goes without saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 tommykeane45

10 years exp working with polish slovakia lithiuania russia all good people but was chef in poland now a bricky in dublin ,you get what u pay for hire cheap pay twice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement