Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT - Irish Paper 2 - HELP

Options
  • 02-06-2007 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

What do I need to know about A Thig Ná Tit Orm? What type of questions do they ask?

What do I need to know about the prescribed poems?

What do I need to know about the prescribed stories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

YEY!! I'm not the only one.

I know everything about youth for a thig na tit orm, but they can ask anything at all.

Just go over the mothuchan, iomhanna, etc for the prescribed poems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭blondie07

Pure Cork wrote:
    What do I need to know about A Thig Ná Tit Orm? What type of questions do they ask?

What do I need to know about the prescribed poems?

What do I need to know about the prescribed stories?

Im afraid i dont do a thig na tit orm, but i think its basically the same for all the options: themes, characters, maybe structure

The OL poems i just learn the theme and images, and then have a pre-prepared answer for the language that fits all the poems

The HL poetry is more difficult and specific, for something like Uirchill an Chreagain, you'd have to know the characteristics of an aisling. but you basically need to know the theme, outlook of poet, language techniques, images, structure

Myself, im only looking for a low B in Irish and im very good at paper 1 so not really on concentrating on paper 2, just the poetry really. for the pros for the pre, i just learned a summary of each of the stories, and then made some stuff up to fit the question and i got 31/40 so im just gonna do that again. not touching stair na gaeilge, its a load of crap. i might do ruraiocht and gaeilge mar theanga ceilteach the night before.

hope this is of some help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Cheers!

Haha! Two people like myself! Irish is my 7th subject. The more I learn, the more I have to forget.

I'm sorted for paper 1. Got 101/150 for paper 2 in the pre and still managed 78%.

I'm going to try and revise (learn "everything" I need to know from scratch) paper 2 in the next 4 hours.....if I do it well enough, I won't have to bother with stair till before the exam.

Wish me luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Ha!!!
    My study for Irish Paper two began last night. And suddenly got side-tracked to watch Fair City - it was far more appealing.
    Hate Irish with a passion. Only need 5 subjects to get into Uni, Irish is most definitly not one of them. Yet I'm too stubborn to drop to pass.
    I'd rather fail at hons, than to pass at pass.

Yes, you can call me an ejit - but who cares! I think I'd rather learn Polish or Lithuanian. It would probably come in far handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

For prescribed poems, you should know the theme, and be able to talk about how effective blahhh a few 'techníochta fileata' are...íomhanna, friotal etc. And quote, just a bit, a few lines that relate to the theme/poetry techniques. For the stories, know the main themes running throughout, and form a bit of a summation about the main characters. Yes, even 'An Bhean óg'...even though there's only really her.

I do An Triail, can't help you there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Whenever I see threads like this I always think, "what the hell were your teachers doing for 2 years?"....

Anyway, I don't do A Thig Ná Tit Orm, did in 4th year but I've forgotten it. He drives a milk lorry for Kerry Co-Op now....

More people should do Scothscéalta, it kicks ass. One of the few pieces of Irish language literature I've actually enjoyed.

Are the notes on www.skoool.ie any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Surely you can tell that yourself(??)

They seem better than the notes I got in school, but that doesn't really say much. How do they compare to the notes you got in school, or to the notes in Díograis? Are they any good? If not, are there any other notes on the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 chas_88

Pure Cork wrote:

maidhc dainín ó sé himself came to my school to give a talk during seachtain na gaeilge, and he said that he expects something about his schooldays or his time in england will be asked, but he was only guessing. it's probably not the worst tip though! a theme question could be something about how he keeps his irishness throughout his travels, that was on my pre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement