Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food During Exams

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

The ammount of cheat notes you could fit inside a chocolate bar rapper!! or even a breakfast role!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

leo1526 wrote:
    HI

Why do have to repeat the exams next year? I am , what if im sick? What if i dont do as well as i should for some unforeseen circumstances??

Thers a petition going around for the Leaving cert to have an optional repeat exams..and not 12 months later.. spread the word
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/LC2007/

Your going a bit too far with his now! It's all well and good to make your own thread about it but we're talking about food here, not repeating! GO AWAY!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

A bowl of muesli in the morning is good for energy because it digests slowly and is full of healthy crap. But if you get a good night sleep the night before you shouldn't need to be planning an exam diet just to keep you going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

8 eurosaver hamburgers, a twisty fries and a smarties donut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

cson wrote:
    would you like an exam with that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

cson wrote:

adamcp wrote:

There fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Would you like a career with that? >CAO McD021

cson wrote:
    Would you like a career with that? >CAO McD021

I'm lovin it...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Crisps, an apple, a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, or even rice krispies. Be sure to listen and exclaim after each SNAP, CRACKLE and POP. Be sure to sit beside a power socket also for those microwave meals! Mmmmm.

Sure forget about the exam, bring a 5 course meal, pay the supervisor to serve you, turn the exam hall into a restaurant. Do the exam like you might do the newspaper crossword over breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

jc, i shall bring large water and maybe wine gums :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

I'd never eat during exams. How would you have the time? I've just finished six years of college and in my last two exams used earplugs in exams. Only copped on to using them then:rolleyes: ****ing brilliant! Especially for large exam halls where it can be very distracting with all the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

The ammount of cheat notes you could fit inside a chocolate bar rapper!! or even a breakfast role!
    Could look a bit suspicious bringing out a wrapper with nothing in it halfway through the exam. Reading notes in the jacks is the way forward for cheating I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 originalcupcake

sternn wrote:

My plan:
    • Bottle of Lucazade Sport (non fizzy)
    • Bar of dairy milk chocolate
    • Maybe a banana
    • And peanuts
    Steve01 wrote:
    When did the Leaving Cert become the Leaving Feast?

how i laughed....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

One of the "reasonable accommodations" that may be granted to candidates with special needs is, according to SEC documentation:

"Allowing candidates to take medicine, food or drinks into the examination centre where this is required for medical reasons."

The health of the country is apparently in a bad state if there are that many of you out there that need to get special dispensation to bring grub into an exam for medical reasons.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

sternn wrote:
    I know there is already a thread on this somewhere...but dont have time to dig it out.

Just wondering what people have planned to bring into the exam hall (food and drink wise).

My plan:
    • Bottle of Lucazade Sport (non fizzy)
    • Bar of dairy milk chocolate
    • Maybe a banana
    • And peanuts

The last thing i want to be in the exam is hungry and thirsty....not the kind of things you want on your mind when you are going through a Kavanagh essay :D
    EH are yo crazy there is no food allowed whatsoever in the exam roooms.you are only allowed to bring in water. trust me i d kno from lastyr.

maggie18x wrote:
    EH are yo crazy there is no food allowed whatsoever in the exam roooms.you are only allowed to bring in water. trust me i d kno from lastyr.

wrong ur allowed 2 bring food:D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I'm just going to bring in a few packs of Juicy Fruit (the real kind, not that strappleberry ****) and I should be fine.I remember in the Junior Cert mocks, a girl called Kayla Mc Devitt brought vodka with her into the exam!!She put it in a lucozade bottle and just kept taking chugs from it every few minutes.The teacher eventually smelled it when she went past her, and Kayla got suspended.....but not before they forced her to open her locker, where they found a full bottle of whisky!!What a stupid ***** she was!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Or on the inside label of your water bottle.

This, I've never tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Rozabeez wrote:
    Or on the inside label of your water bottle.

This, I've never tried.

I'd never bother attempt to cheat in the leaving, i'd lose more marks worrying about getting caught etc. than i actually might gain.

• Advertisement

yeah im taking my english exam in a diff room , Find it hard 2 concentrate !!! Gonna tell them in sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doria gray

Im going to put a bottle or two of water in the freezer the night before and take them out early in the morning so il have ice cold water melting throughout the exam and some mints yum yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Assez Bien

Don't think you're supposed 2 bring anything food-wise in with you(not including water)...unless you stash it away in your 'see through' pencil case.

I'm a diabetic and i had to apply to d state examinations board cos if i want anything to eat (if i get the shakes) i have to leave the hall like i'm not allowed sit there n eat whatever. Bonus 2 this though is i get rest breaks if i feel the need.....joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

ye need a see through pencil case?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Robbiethe3rd

You should eat before the exam but eat have the following to imrove your performance

(i) have a high protein breakfast/lunch - protein helps you to focus and you also wont end up having a big sugar crash half way through like if you fill up on pasta.
    (ii) if you normally drink caffeine at certain times, do so anyway and slightly increase this amount before going into an exam (slightly!!!) as this is proven to increase intelligence short term.
    (iii) bring an energy drink in if you want just in case you start to fall asleep half way through; dont be gulping away at it throughout the whole exam as you'll just start to have a sugar crash in the middle! Dont use this for hydration, make sure you wont go thirsty before walking into the exam as you can distract yourself by having this constant "stop and have a drink every 5min" psychology.

Above all, make sure your not hungry and do eat plenty; you need to look after yourself in exams, especially something as stresful as the leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

Op, think peanuts should be avoided because many people absolutely cannot stand the smell of peanuts..that could be very distracting..

the same goes with chewing gum..I think many people would find constant chewing very irritating in an exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Taffy89 wrote:
    Op, think peanuts should be avoided because many people absolutely cannot stand the smell of peanuts..that could be very distracting..

the same goes with chewing gum..I think many people would find constant chewing very irritating in an exam!

But If people distract others during the exam, it gives them an advantage over others in this so called "rat race":)
    Farting and acting like a fool(in a somewhat discreet manner)would aid the candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Even though Im doing the leaving cert in 2 years time my teachers have promised me to make a cup of coffee or hot chocolate for the exams. I asked them nicely and they said yes. They werent joking.

A few of ye should do the same... They might do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Nilther

And how will they get it into you, no ones allowed into the exam centre except the students who bring in snacks for the examinors..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Nilther wrote:
    And how will they get it into you, no ones allowed into the exam centre except the students who bring in snacks for the examinors..

Bring the cup with the coffee in with you into the exam? Obviously the teacher makes it for you before the exam starts. Sure its the same as a lucozade bottle. Cup, bottle whats the difference? If the exam supervisor is having a cup of tea which is made for them by the toilet supervisor guy (usually a 4th or 5th year student) why cant you have a cup of tea?

Sure when I was doing my junior cert exams last year I asked the supervisor for a biscuit and he gave it to me because my desk was right beside his big metal box of exam papers where the guy sits.

Advertisement