Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still no response to my application

Options
  • 02-06-2007 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I submitted my application for a firearms cert for a .22 rifle back in march. To date i have received no response whatsoever positive or negative. Needless to say I am a bit worried at this stage as I was told there was a 6 week turnaround.

I contacted the local garda after much difficulty (rural station, opening hours unknown). He said these things take time and couldn't advise when I would be sorted.

Do I have any options except to sit and wait. The gun dealer was onto last week wondering what was going on. Any point making an appointment with the local super to see what is up?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

yeah bond-007
    definately follow it up keep on at him.i know some people on here will say it could take months (and it can) but keep checking in with him he has to give you a yes or a no .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭ironsight

Hey Bond ~ All I can tell you is dont give up! never Surrender and Never let go, I have spent the last 5 months chasing my Super, try calling him 2 and 3 times a day, send him letters, fax him if you can, drive him nut's so he will reply even if just to get you out of his hair for a while. Whatever you do, dont let him win! Good Luck and Good Shooting !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

As said.Develop a Bit Bull like tenacity and bite on and dont let go untill you have that paper.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have the feeling that they will hold on to the cert till August 1. The rabbits are at biblical levels in the back field. All the farmers are asking me to deal with them.

UPDATE: I today received a call from the local detective unit about my licence. They did the criminal record check whilst I was on the phone and all is well. They reckon I should have a response soon.

Tbh, I was quite freaked at first when the wife said that a detective was looking for me. Is it normal for detectives to be involved?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Bond-007 wrote:
    UPDATE: I today received a call from the local detective unit about my licence. They did the criminal record check whilst I was on the phone and all is well. They reckon I should have a response soon.

Good news. I reckon you should rename this thread so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Mines taking awhile im not really bothered about it though as i've alot of other stuff going on think i applied back in Feb have a meetin with the super next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

Applied for 9mm May '06.
    Still waiting:mad:

Im only looking for a .22lr and i already have a .17hmr would love to know what way a supers mind works:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭ironsight

Saddlebags wrote:
    Applied for 9mm May '06.

yeah ~ and you think you have problem's ~
    I reapplied to the new Super in february, he still hasnt made an actuall decision that he's willing to put on paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Im only looking for a .22lr and i already have a .17hmr would love to know what way a supers mind works:confused:

its a bigger caliber:rolleyes:

Yeah maybe i should forget about it and get a .17rem or infact a 12g

Saddlebags wrote:
    Applied for 9mm May '06.

2years plus is the record sofar[me].HANG IN THERE!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

2years plus is the record sofar[me].HANG IN THERE!:)

Hopefully, yours is a record that I won't be breaking! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Bond-007 wrote:
    I have the feeling that they will hold on to the cert till August 1. The rabbits are at biblical levels in the back field. All the farmers are asking me to deal with them.

tyhe ****ers done that to me with my first licence they gave it to me at the start of july and me not knowing went down and paid for it only to pay again a few weeks later

tyhe ****ers done that to me with my first licence they gave it to me at the start of july and me not knowing went down and paid for it only to pay again a few weeks later
    I am not bothered with the money aspect tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

its not that much anyway but they love getttingthe extra few quid in!

i was waiting over a year to get the licence for my rifle which is wrong if you go on to the NARGC website it has a whole thing on the laws about applying for firearms and what you and the garda do have a look very interesting helped me out!!

in the mean time il take care of them fox for the local farmers if you want hahaha

Update:
    I got a brown envelope with a harp on it in the post this morning. :eek: It was a letter from the super saying that my application was approved and I could go and pick up my licence.

I rang the local station on the off chance they were home and surprisingly they were and I was told to head over and collect the elusive piece of paper. Paid the €38 and I am now allowed to collect my gun. :D The whole process took 3 months exactly.

I has one slight question for yee: It says on the licence "Subject to conditions NONE listed below:". It then goes on to list the conditions. What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

normal rifle licence

ie no game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Bond-007 wrote:
    Update:
    I got a brown envelope with a harp on it in the post this morning. :eek: It was a letter from the super saying that my application was approved and I could go and pick up my licence.

I rang the local station on the off chance they were home and surprisingly they were and I was told to head over and collect the elusive piece of paper. Paid the €38 and I am now allowed to collect my gun. :D The whole process took 3 months exactly.

I has one slight question for yee: It says on the licence "Subject to conditions NONE listed below:". It then goes on to list the conditions. What does this mean?
    The conditions listed are the standard stuff pre-printed on all Certificates. NONE of them apply to your particular Cert.
    Congratulations on finally getting the piece of paper, 3 months isn't actually all that long as these things go.

• Advertisement

Grand so. :) All rabbits watch out from now on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nice one, now to get glass on it and try feeding it different ammo.
    You going to post pics?

congrats/!!! that was prettyy quick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Congrats..... Enjoy it..... Are you going to stick a mod on it?

TJ911...

I collected her this evening so I will have a few goes tomorrow. I shall post a few pics too. I am ordering a site for her but I need to get some rails but they seem to be hard to get for the remmington.

Advertisement