Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw CS

Options
  • 02-06-2007 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

BMWs answer to the CLS/quattroporte/panamera

Looks amazing.....

1%2Dbmw%2Dcs%2Dconcept.jpg

12%2Dbmw%2Dcs%2Dconcept.jpg

13%2Dbmw%2Dcs%2Dconcept.jpg

15%2Dbmw%2Dcs%2Dconcept.jpg

7%2Dbmw%2Dcs%2Dconcept.jpg

New 4-door 8-series?

What do you lot think?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Ugly but I like it. It really stands out. Pity it's not a replacement for the 7 series

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Naah ...don't like it

Looks very "brutal" (as in the opposite of subtle or elegant) IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

kikel wrote:
    Ugly but I like it. It really stands out. Pity it's not a replacement for the 7 series

Would you believe its longer and wider that the current 7? it is lower though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't like that front grille - too big. The rear is nice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Wow! that's amazing, I'd buy one.:) Fitting an IRL style front number plate would just spoil the look of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

More like BMW's answer to a question nobody asked. Hideous looking front , nice looking rear ... wont look anything like that when/if it goes into production

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I want the interior! I was thinking the same as Junkyard wrt the front number plate, put the back and sides look sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Its nice, but if it wouldn't be too much to ask, could BMW go back in time and just simply refresh the E38, as in evolve it in the way the E30 evolved from the E21 and the E36 after the E30), the best looking large Beemer of all time? Though I have to say it looks soooo futuristic. If they removed the indicators on the side then the side looks fantastic. I hate the front- I still long for the days of the E 21/30/34 front to return(minus the circular lights of course which look so dated, otherise those designs have stood the test of time IMO, they have aged so gracefully), with the shark like nose and narrow kidney grille.

andy's10.jpg

I found that photo on this site http://www.autofashion.co.uk/andy's10.jpg

Now I know that this E30 is in a horrible colour, but doesnt the front of this car look so much better than the front of the CS?
    As for the back of the CS concept,its very good, but thats not hard, BMW have almost never made a car with a good looking arse. Usually BMW seem to do the arse of a car as an afterthought. The E92 is probably got the best backside of any Beemer in the past 20 years(with the exception of the 8 series).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

now THAT is a beautiful BMW CS

0610_z+1971_BMW_3.0CS+25_most_beautiful_cars.jpg
    BMW_70_2800CS_Coupe_bs1_Maroon.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Very nice! how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nice, but I still think the CLS is gonna age better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Hideous. Yet another BMW designed by the marketing department. Defensive, pointless, fussy and gratuitously bling.

The only way it would look good if it was in flames. Now THAT's flame surfacing!:D

Look at the way the CS peasant showed and the E30 I showed are pretty much the same. I wish BMW would get rid of Bangle and go back and modernise designs like the E30 and original CS. I mean the E30 was introduced in 1983, the CS 15 years before that, and look how little the design has changed. It not like BMW were in some sort of financial difficulty, when they stupidly decided to change from a design that was instantly recognisable as BMW way back in 2002 with the E66 7 series. BMWs were like motoring perfection up until this point, they were what got me interested in cars in the first place. It says a lot about 'flame surfacing' that thanks be to God there will be no more of it after the new X6 and V 3 and 5(when ever they arrive, if they are arriving at all). Please BMW do the decent thing, and go back to those old designs, or even freshen up the E46, which I always regarded as a subtle evolution of the E36(which in turn was a subtle evolution of the E30).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

The finished product will look NOTHING like that. Thats only an artists impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

E31 ... Motoring Perfection!

850Csi.JPG

tdc wrote:
    The finished product will look NOTHING like that. Thats only an artists impression.

Its a real concept car, and the BMW CEO has said it will go into production, but how many times have we heard that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

My dads friend just ordered one.Its going to be approx 180k in ireland.He ordered it in black with black interior.Should look nice.He just got the new x5 its reall crap.the look and the drive.i was in it from dublin to slane castle and back and it wasnt comfortable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,341 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Me no likes. I don't even want to talk about the looks. About the segment, BMW is supposed to be a leader, not a follower. That's were the core BMW strength is. MB went crazy with the many segments introduced in recent years. The CLS might be a success, but for BMW to just copycat it, is very disappointing imho. Retarded marketing ploys should never have left the far east :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

drdre wrote:
    My dads friend just ordered one.Its going to be approx 180k in ireland.He ordered it in black with black interior.Should look nice.He just got the new x5 its reall crap.the look and the drive.i was in it from dublin to slane castle and back and it wasnt comfortable at all.

Your friend's Dad is talking out his arse Dre. There's no method to order a car that doesn't even exist, so I'd say while you're posting in good faith (As you always do), someone's pulling your leg.

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:
    Your friend's Dad is talking out his arse Dre. There's no method to order a car that doesn't even exist, so I'd say while you're posting in good faith (As you always do), someone's pulling your leg.

He knows the guy in bmw ireland who works in the dept to bring in bmw cars.
    I dont think he is talking to through his arse as he knows the guy really well.He got afew cars off him like the 6 series and new x5, thats what he has at the moment
    He has placed the order, it might not processed yet but he is one of the first thats going to get one in ireland once its out.I was with him today for hours and we were talking about it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How can you order a car that has not yet been fully planned? Your frient or their da are telling porkies and you are swallowing them hook, line and sinker!

More pics: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2007/04/bmw_cs_concept.html

kbannon wrote:
    How can you order a car that has not yet been fully planned? Your frient or their da are telling porkies and you are swallowing them hook, line and sinker!

More pics: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2007/04/bmw_cs_concept.html

He friend is one of the head in bmw ireland where they import cars, I actually texted him last night when i wrote this to make sure and he said he has put his name down with his friend so when ordering starts he is one of the 1st to get one.

So he has told the head of BMW Ireland ("where they import cars") to put him on the list when its available?

The CEO of BMW has just said that it should go into production, nothing confirmed, very doubtful ANYONE is taking orders.

S.

So he has told the head of BMW Ireland ("where they import cars") to put him on the list when its available?

The CEO of BMW has just said that it should go into production, nothing confirmed, very doubtful ANYONE is taking orders.

S.

Well i dont care what people think.This is what i have been told.Im not that bothered as im not the one buying it :D

Its still a concept, BMW say they are going to put it into production, however they were putting the Z9, V3, V5(the MPV's which seem to have fallen off the face of the earth, nobody seems to mention these anymore, perhaps Ned78 you might know more on when these are arriving if they are arriving, only 1 or 2 years ago Autocar told us the engines the MPV's would have) into production too, we're still waiting for them.....

Their MPV is due out in Q4/2008. The Z9 (with some including a V8 TD engine) will arrive in 2010 IIRC.

As for the CS it has been initially denied but the reaction to it has been so much that the initial idea has been re-ignited: www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-ceo-production-likely-for-cs-concept.html

kbannon wrote:
    Their MPV is due out in Q4/2008. The Z9 (with some including a V8 TD engine) will arrive in 2010 IIRC.

As for the CS it has been initially denied but the reaction to it has been so much that the initial idea has been re-ignited: www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-ceo-production-likely-for-cs-concept.html

Hmmm thats interesting, I thought the Z9 had been shelved? As for a diesel, well we'll wait and see, but they are supposed to be putting a 635d into production anyday soon, so not as daft as it sounds. I remember when the Z9 came out (about 6 years ago IIRC) and it had the engine from the E38 740d.
    Speaking of new BMWs,does anyone know when the following will be out
    -the new twin turbo diesel 2l with 204 bhp(I mean for what models- maybe a high performance 1 series,since they are supposed to be testing a fast 1 series at the moment at the Nordschleife, and Autocar say it sounds like a 4 pot)
    -the 635d and facelift of same car(I think that is towards the end of the year), at least thats what world car fans seem to be saying
    -the E90/91 with the new fancy 'efficient dynamics' technology(I think September, but not 100%)
    -the 1 series Coupé and Convertable

E92 wrote:
    I remember when the Z9 came out (about 6 years ago IIRC) and it had the engine from the E38 740d.
    There hasn't been a Z9 yet. You are thinking of the E52 Z8 with the M5s engine (5L 400bhp V8)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z8

• Advertisement

Sorry, my mistake, what I was thinking of was when the Z9 was shown to the world as a concept car, which is what I should have written instead of just 'when the Z9 came out'. When I said it was sheveld I meant that since we saw the concept there hasn't been any mention of it since,cause it was supposed to go into production,and it didnt. The Z8 wasn't on my mind at all!

Advertisement