Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English poets (HL)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

LMAO! :D Someone needs some research, alright... Surely the fact that he was born in the States and sent back to Garvaghey is fundamental to Montague's poetry???
    I certainly would have thought so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Frost, Eliot, Kavanagh, Montague, Plath.....leaving out Yeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

LMAO! :D Someone needs some research, alright... Surely the fact that he was born in the States and sent back to Garvaghey is fundamental to Montague's poetry???
    yeah i didnt realise that.....like i said,we didnt study him.
    by the way neither of ye actually answered my question: is he considered an irish poet or not???i want to know in case i'll get a bit of a shock when i see neither kavanagh nor yeats,but montague

yeah i didnt realise that.....like i said,we didnt study him.
    by the way neither of ye actually answered my question: is he considered an irish poet or not???i want to know in case i'll get a bit of a shock when i see neither kavanagh nor yeats,but montague
    He is considered any Irish poet and he is highly likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

The four poets on the syllabus this year are:

* Elizabeth Bishop
    * John Donne
    * TS Eliot
    * Robert Frost
    * Patrick Kavanagh
    * John Montague
    * Sylvia Plath
    * WB Yeats

Oh god...I wish you the best of look in your maths my dear friend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Marshy wrote:
    If I was a betting person I'd say it'd be John Mont, Sylvia "spiralling abyss" Plath, Robbie "ice man" Frost and William Butler Yeats
    3 out of 4 aint bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Heard someone on the radio complaining that no Irish poet came up...and some lecturer/teacher man saying it was hard to know what the theme of Paper 1 was.

'The theme of this paper is CHANGE'. Really hard..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 originalcupcake

Montagues Irish....he was born in Brooklyn but hes still Irish because his parents are... or so i presume..??

He is certainly regarded as an Irish poet.

Advertisement