Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick During Exams

Options
  • 02-06-2007 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

So if one is sick during exams can they take them in a different room away from everybody else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I'd hope so!I ate some bad food days ago and I ain't getting any better!Hopefully by tuesday nightI'll be back to normal!But when I did my JC a guy was put into a seperate room locked away from us i think!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes - if there is a room available within the school and a supervisor available and the 'Reasonable Accommodations' section in Athlone OKs it.

It would have to be an illness that affected the comfort of others around you though - and not infectious or they wouldn't have a supervisor - copious emissions from either end I suppose would qualify, infected toe or psoriasis wouldn't.

I wouldn't think I'd do my best in an exam if I was legging it to spew or something else every twenty minutes or so.

In short though, yes it's possible and a note would be put in with your script to say you were ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i was a door attendant for the 2006 junior cert examinations. and on my first day a girl was sick. she was taken out of my exam centre put in the room next door. she was in and out vomating during the whole exam. she got an A in that paper, so i would say they get extra marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

what about if ur feeling sick but not actually getting sick??? Persides from the sick ting id love to take the exam in a room by my self

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

regob wrote:
    i was a door attendant for the 2006 junior cert examinations. and on my first day a girl was sick. she was taken out of my exam centre put in the room next door. she was in and out vomating during the whole exam. she got an A in that paper, so i would say they get extra marks.

????????

If that was the case then surely it would be in everyone's interest to get sick and start puking on a regular basis during the exams!

No, you won't get extra marks due to being sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

Persides

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

SLang my friend:p

Advertisement