Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Hire in USA

Options
  • 02-06-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Headin' over to New York in July and would appreciate help in finding the CHEAPEST Car Hire place available.
    I've tried looking on line, but the list is endless, and the prices are a bit on the high side.
    Any thoughts???:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try Enterprise Rent-A-Car if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Budget.com or Dollar.com are pretty cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Cheers guys...I'll have a look and let you know how i get on>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

rentawreck are the cheapest if you don't need to be driving around in a brand new car.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure you are using a credit card to pay and that the card belongs to the named driver. I ran into a bit of a problem with that - I was paying on my card but my friend (cardless) was driving and it was a no-go in all companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dr. Seuss

Ruu wrote:
    Try Enterprise Rent-A-Car if you haven't already.
    Agreed. And they usually have good specials too. I got a brand new Dodge Stratus for $9.99 per day plus insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

i've recently used carhire3000.ie and found yhem to be cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I used Thrifty last time in chicago.

In general watch out for being sold too much insurance - it can double or triple the cost of hire.

Unless you're planning on driving to Niagara falls or something you're probably better off without a car in the tri-state area. If you're staying in Manhattan the parking costs are fairly steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Don't rent from any of the crowds at the airport, go to one of their local offices.You'll get a lot better prices there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

FOrgot to add - once budget have your email address, so does every spam jockey in the world. I never once received spam on my private address and made the mistake of booking a car with them using that one. the next morning there were 170 mails in my inbox telling me how small my appendage was.

And I don't even drive a BMW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ianbrennan2000

i second carhire3000.ie

have just booked dodge charger for two weeks in florida came in over €200 cheaper than any of the others dollar,budget etc

Advertisement